Author Topic: ‘Too cold’: NYC migrants wait in line 25 hours in near-freezing temperatures for scheduled ICE meeti  (Read 434 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Too cold’: NYC migrants wait in line 25 hours in near-freezing temperatures for scheduled ICE meetings

By Kevin Sheehan, Valentina Jaramillo, Jesse O’Neill and Bernadette Hogan
November 23, 2022 3:16pm  Updated

Hundreds of migrants have been camping overnight in near-freezing temperatures in a desperate attempt to get a foot inside New York City’s ICE headquarters — as the backlogged immigration system struggles, yet again, to cope with the influx of asylum seekers flowing into the US since President Biden took office.

A growing number of frustrated asylum seekers, including some with babies and young children in tow, told The Post they braved the 34-degree overnight temperatures in Lower Manhattan on Tuesday and Wednesday only to be told their scheduled processing appointments wouldn’t be honored.

“This is how it works. It is no good,” Ecuadorian migrant Stephanie R. told The Post on Wednesday of the haphazard system.

The capricious procedures are just the latest sign of how the Big Apple is straining to accommodate the tens of thousands of migrants that have flooded the city in recent months as the Biden administration grapples with its ongoing border crisis.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/23/this-is-how-it-works-it-is-no-good-migrants-wait-in-cold-for-25-hours-outside-manhattan-ice-headquarters/
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 06:31:48 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Kamaji

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
An obvious advantage of cutting funding for ICE!  I hope the immigration radicals are pleased with the outcome. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

It's in the 70s and 80s in Honduras right now.  :seeya:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
In the past Americans waited for hours outside in bread lines to get food and were happy to be able to get anything, if these pissant whiners are unhappy they can hop a bus back south of the boarder, SOB's are already treated better than our VETERANS and homeless AMERICANS!