Author Topic: ‘This is obscene’: Haitians angered by babies being sent back after reaching Florida Keys on boat  (Read 350 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘This is obscene’: Haitians angered by babies being sent back after reaching Florida Keys on boat
Story by David Goodhue and Jacqueline Charles, Miami Herald • Yesterday 8:38 PM

MIAMI — A group of Florida-bound migrants, including almost 50 children, who reached the Florida Keys in a rickety sailboat from Haiti on Monday, resulting in a frantic federal, state and local rescue effort, have been returned to the Caribbean nation.
 S
The U.S. Coast Guard said a cutter arrived in Haiti on Friday with the migrants on board.

The 190 individuals — 89 men, 55 women and 46 children — were returned to Haiti aboard the cutter Escanaba, the Coast Guard said Friday afternoon. Ten people in the group remained on the ship for further interviews with federal authorities.

Coast Guard spokeswoman Petty Officer Nicole Groll said it was not immediately known how many, if any, of the children were unaccompanied. They ranged in ages “from infant to teenager,” Groll told the Miami Herald.

The Coast Guard said there were roughly 200 people on the cutter. They were among the Haitians who traveled on a dilapidated wooden sailboat that the Coast Guard and U.S. Customs and Border Protection crews first encountered Monday morning about 30 miles off Rodriguez Key near Key Largo. The boat had entered U.S. territorial waters overnight and had become disabled at sea. Federal crews rescued about 100 passengers, including babies.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/this-is-obscene-haitians-angered-by-babies-being-sent-back-after-reaching-florida-keys-on-boat/ar-AA14ze6T
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 05:41:32 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"The 190 individuals — 89 men, 55 women and 46 children — were returned to Haiti aboard the cutter Escanaba, the Coast Guard said Friday afternoon."

THIS is the way to do it.
With ALL of them.

Online mountaineer

What's obscene is citizens of foreign countries believing they have the right to enter our territory without complying with established laws. I don't care whether they're from Haiti or Honduras. Do it correctly. Don't violate our laws.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

What's obscene is citizens of foreign countries believing they have the right to enter our territory without complying with established laws. I don't care whether they're from Haiti or Honduras. Do it correctly. Don't violate our laws.

:thumbsup:

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Prior to WWII, Germany and Japan were very good at crossing borders without permission.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson