Author Topic: Biden is still separating immigrant kids from their families  (Read 147 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden is still separating immigrant kids from their families
« on: November 26, 2022, 05:32:58 pm »
San Antonio Current

Biden is still separating immigrant kids from their families

From the start of the new administration to August 2022, U.S. authorities have reported at least 372 cases of family separation.
By John Washington and Anna-Cat Brigida, The Texas Observer on Fri, Nov 25, 2022 at 2:15 pm

The persecution for her work as a lawyer in Colombia had gotten so bad that Victoria and her husband, Anton, decided they needed to start lying to their son. They couldn’t stay in Colombia any longer, but they also recognized the dangers of fleeing — especially with their son, Felipe, who was 10 at the time. So they told Felipe the family was taking a vacation to Mexico. Maybe they would even get to go to the United States, they said.

It was all a ruse to keep their son calm, to protect them from people who might target them as they traveled through Mexico.

Once they hit U.S. soil in late May, the family found Border Patrol agents and gave themselves up to ask for asylum, after which they were placed in detention to await processing.

“I’m sorry, my beautiful child,” Victoria recalled telling Felipe.

https://www.sacurrent.com/news/biden-is-still-separating-immigrant-kids-from-their-families-30417486
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson