Author Topic: Number of Americans Carrying Guns Daily Jumps to at Least 6 Million  (Read 1092 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Number of Americans Carrying Guns Daily Jumps to at Least 6 Million

AWR Hawkins 26 Nov 2022

The number of Americans who leave their homes with a pistol or revolver on their person jumped from approximately three million in 2015 to six million in 2019, according to a study conducted by University of Washington researchers.

The Guardian reported the study on November 25, 2022, noting that it appeared in the American Journal of Public Health.

The study’s lead author, epidemiology professor Ali Rowhani-Rahbar, views the increase in carry as the natural outgrowth of a years-long evolution whereby Americans have spent less and less time buying guns for hunting and recreation and more and more time buying guns for self-defense.

Moreover, with record-breaking gun sales since 2019 and the Supreme Court’s Bruen (2022) decision, Rowhani-Rahbar indicates he believes the number of Americans carrying daily will continue to surge.

Rowhani-Rahbar said, “We have every reason to believe this is a trend that is probably going to continue.”

In addition to discovering that six million Americans carry a gun daily, the study found that 16 million Americans carry a gun once a month.

Rowhani-Rahbar pointed out a trend of states taking action to make it easier to carry guns for self-defense: “The country has been moving as a whole, in the past two or three decades, very clearly and dramatically toward loosening gun-carrying laws.”

Twenty-five states have adopted a constitutional carry framework for carrying a gun for self-defense. Those 25 states are:  Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming. Alabama’s constitutional carry law goes into effect January 1, 2023.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2022/11/26/number-americans-carrying-guns-daily-jumps-6-million/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Number of Americans Carrying Guns Daily Jumps to at Least 6 Million
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2022, 06:35:21 pm »
Nice. Thanks liberals. Lol
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2022, 07:29:56 pm »
 :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 07:34:38 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2022, 08:13:30 pm »
Gonna be about two hundred million before long.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2022, 09:46:15 pm »
Bigun prognosticates:
"Gonna be about two hundred million before long..."

If that happens, America will become a very peaceful country.
... just after the gunsmoke clears, of course.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2022, 02:22:14 am »
Self-protection.  You betcha!

Handgun owners carrying daily in US doubled in 4 years; self-protection cited as main reason: study

Twice the number of Americans were carrying handguns daily in 2019 compared to 2015, according to a new study published this month.

Around 6,000 gun owners carried handguns every day in 2019, up from 3,000 in 2015, according to a study from the American Journal of Public Health published on Nov. 16.

The number of respondents to the online survey who said they had carried a gun in the last month also nearly doubled from 9 million to 16 million in 2015.

The study focuses solely on owners carrying a handgun on their person, not in their car. 

The upward trend found in the study comes as states loosen restrictions for carrying a handgun and more gun owners cite protection as a top concern.

A U.S. Supreme Court case last June also overturned strict gun carrying laws in New York.

The authors wrote, "This ruling could further catalyze the loosening of firearm-carrying regulations in different parts of the country at a time when, as our study indicates, trends in handgun carrying already point to more US adults carrying loaded handguns in public places, including without a permit when a permit is required."

In 1994, the percentage of gun owners who said their main reason for having a firearm was protection was 46%, by 2015 it went up to 64% and spiked to 73% by 2019. In 2021, it was 83%. .....................

https://www.foxnews.com/us/handgun-owners-carrying-daily-us-doubled-4-years-self-protection-cited-main-reason-study
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2022, 04:43:27 am »
Number of Americans Carrying Guns Daily Jumps to at Least 6 Million

The number of Americans who leave their homes with a pistol or revolver on their person jumped from approximately three million in 2015 to six million in 2019, according to a study conducted by University of Washington researchers.
:whistle:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2022, 07:39:53 am »
I sincerely doubt these numbers are close to what really happens, maybe that many in my state alone.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2022, 01:18:48 pm »
Works for me.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2022, 09:38:50 pm »
This seems predictable. Defund the police, embolden the lawless by letting criminals go with catch and release no bail programs, and people will step up for their own (and their family's) safety.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2022, 09:43:23 pm »
This sounds low.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2022, 10:54:13 pm »
Bigun prognosticates:
"Gonna be about two hundred million before long..."

If that happens, America will become a very peaceful country.
... just after the gunsmoke clears, of course.
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Offline Idiot

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2022, 10:55:47 pm »
I haven't done the concealed carry thingy yet, but I'm strongly considering it.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2022, 11:35:28 pm »
I haven't done the concealed carry thingy yet, but I'm strongly considering it.

Texas is a Constitutional carry state. Carry when you feel the need (every day I'm not on my own property in my case). Getting a permit is still a good idea in case you decide to travel outside Texas as many other states recognize a Texas issued permit.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2022, 11:46:32 pm »
I had the concealed carry permit for several years before our state went "constitutional carry." It's still a good thing to go through the process of getting a permit here, because if you're carrying and your weapon is the least bit concealed, like your shirttail partially covers it, that could be a problem. You'd be in violation of the law that says you can't carry concealed without a CCW permit.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org