Author Topic: United Furniture Industries terminates entire workforce, including those in Victorville  (Read 385 times)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Two days before Thanksgiving, United Furniture Industries executives terminated “all its employees,” including those working at the plant at Southern California Logistics Airport in Victorville.

Employees received a message by text or email from the company, instructing them not to report to work on Tuesday because their jobs were being immediately terminated “due to unforeseen business circumstances.”

“At the instruction of the board of directors of United Furniture Industries Inc. and all subsidiaries, we regret to inform you that due to unforeseen business circumstances, the company has been forced to make the difficult decision to terminate the employment of all its employees, effective immediately, on Nov. 21, 2022,” the message said.

A second email told employees that “your layoff from the company is expected to be permanent and all benefits will be terminated immediately without provision of COBRA.”

The company closed out its message by citing the “difficult and unexpected situation” that economic experts say likely includes high gas prices, inflation and the war in Ukraine as key factors.

It’s unclear how many UFI employees were affected by the furniture manufacturer’s decision to terminate its remaining workforce.

United Furniture Industries terminated “all its employees,” including those working at the plant located at the Southern California Logistics Airport in Victorville.

Truckers

Over-the-road truck drivers for its furniture delivery division UFI Transportation, who are currently making deliveries, “will be paid for the balance of the week,” the company stated.

The UFI statement directs truckers with loads to “immediately return equipment, inventory and delivery documents for those deliveries that have been completed to one of the following locations: Winston-Salem, North Carolina; Verona, Mississippi; or Victorville, California.”

Headquartered in Okolona, Mississippi, UFI makes promotional to mid-priced upholstered furniture in the U.S. under its brand and the Lane Home Furnishings brand, which it acquired in November 2017 from Heritage Home Group. The manufacturer also imports wooden bedroom and dining furniture.

A UFI truck driver was arrested in Monroe County, Mississippi on suspicion of taking furniture off of a truck after getting notice of the mass layoff.

Audrey Garth, 37 of Wren was arrested by MCSO deputies and was charged for suspected grand larceny, according to Tippah News.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline DB

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Unless U.F.I. filed for bankruptcy, they may be in violation of the W.A.R.N Act, and other labor and unemployment laws, regulations, and rules.

Employers prefer to layoff employees on Tuesdays and Thursdays to reduce the likelihood of a workplace shooting.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline DB

Unless U.F.I. filed for bankruptcy, they may be in violation of the W.A.R.N Act, and other labor and unemployment laws, regulations, and rules.

Employers prefer to layoff employees on Tuesdays and Thursdays to reduce the likelihood of a workplace shooting.

If you are out of money, you are out of money. No rule will change that.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

In my career layoffs generally happened on Fridays late in the day, to prevent freak-outs and sabotage. Sometimes they do not know until Monday when they attempt to enter the building and their card does not work.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DB

In my career layoffs generally happened on Fridays late in the day, to prevent freak-outs and sabotage. Sometimes they do not know until Monday when they attempt to enter the building and their card does not work.

Yep, they were always on Fridays.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
unforeseen business circumstances...for their employees, yes, for them no. The smell is intense of a company that doesn't tell their employees of the impending closure so that their asses are covered until the very last day but the employees are left completely hanging without any job prospects lined up. It's situations like this where managers should be