Author Topic: New 10-Ton Army Robotic Vehicles Will Launch Drones, Fire Anti-Tank Missiles  (Read 144 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

New 10-Ton Army Robotic Vehicles Will Launch Drones, Fire Anti-Tank Missiles

The Army is currently evaluating and testing prototypes for its Robotic Combat Vehicle-Medium
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATION10 HOURS AGO
HOME
U.S. ARMY | MARINES NEWS
By Kris Osborn, President, Center for Military Modernization

(Washington D.C.) What would it mean for future combat if an armed robotic vehicle could launch a mini attack drone into the air to destroy an approaching aircraft or ground vehicle? What if an unmanned ground vehicle were able to breach a tank ditch, clearing an assault path for an armored formation? How about having a forward “reconnaissance” node able to identify targets and instantly network details to air platforms, manned armored vehicles and even drones for unmanned-unmanned teaming?  What about the ability to track, identify, target and then destroy an enemy tank with a Javelin anti-tank missile?

These kinds of missions would open up and improve ground combat lethality and effectiveness in potentially paradigm-changing ways, and it is happening now. All of these operational possibilities are indeed approaching reality if not already here due to fast-tracked Army modernization efforts with its Robotic Combat Vehicle program. The multi-pronged initiative includes Light, Medium and Heavy combat robots to support infantry, ground maneuver formations, targeting, weapons integration and multi-domain networking.

With these goals in mind, the Army is planning to arm its new 10-ton Robotic Combat Vehicle-Medium with heavy 30mm chain gun cannons, anti-tank missiles and remotely operated guns as a way to enable forward direct attack missions without placing soldiers in the line of enemy fire. Naturally with manned-unmanned teaming, Army and industry developers emphasize that humans will remain in control when it comes to decisions about the use of lethal force, per Pentagon doctrine. However, this doctrinal framework does not restrict areas of innovation capable of pushing the envelope of autonomy and potentially enabling unmanned systems to process greater volumes of information, make discernments and perform a wider range of functions without needing human intervention.

https://warriormaven.com/land/new-10-ton-army-robotic-vehicles-will-launch-drones-fire-anti-tank-missiles
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
'Baby' Bolos....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis