Author Topic: Smoke on this! Cannabis plants could help fight climate change because they absorb carbon dioxide mo  (Read 399 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Daily Mail by Stacy Liberatore 11/24/2022

Smoke on this! Cannabis plants could help fight climate change because they absorb carbon dioxide more than TWICE as effectively as trees

•   Hemp plants capture up to 16 tons of greenhouse gas annually, while trees suck up about six tons

•   Experts say this ability could help humans fight climate change

•   With approximately 50 million acres of hemp,  a couple hundred million tons of carbon per year on that acreage

•   These plants also grow faster and need less water than other crops

Cannabis plants could be the missing player in human's fight against climate change, as hemp can absorb carbon dioxide from the air more than twice as effectively as trees.

Numerous studies have shown that hemp captures up to 16 tons of greenhouse gas annually, while trees suck up about six tons.

The carbon dioxide also becomes permanently encased within hemp fibers that are used in a range of products - from textiles to medicines and car parts.

Hudson Carbon, a New York research center that studies carbon storage, found that one acre of cannabis plants can store up to three tons of carbon, removing more than seven tons from the atmosphere.

The plant is considered 'nature's purifying,' pulling toxins from the air and permanently trapping them within its fibers, Pebble Mag reports.

And it also absorbs carbon from the air as it grows, making it a carbon-negative crop.

More: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-11467061/Cannabis-plants-help-fight-climate-change-absorbing-carbon-dioxide.html

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
ANd then it gets burned, which releases the CO2. What's next? Poison Ivy farms?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online andy58-in-nh

Sometimes, I wonder what these idiots must be smoking.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Sometimes, I wonder what these idiots must be smoking.
Seems pretty obvious...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I just bought some gummies the other day...