Author Topic: Bette Midler Trashes Thanksgiving: Pilgrims Were ‘Undocumented Aliens from Europe’  (Read 807 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bette Midler Trashes Thanksgiving: Pilgrims Were ‘Undocumented Aliens from Europe’

David Ng 25 Nov 2022

Disney’s Hocus Pocus 2 star Bette Midler spent her Thanksgiving trashing the national holiday, posting a meme that denigrated the pilgrims as “undocumented aliens from Europe.”

In a tweet on Thursday, Bette Midler posted a meme showing a pilgrim and an Indian sharing a turkey in what appears to be a depiction of the first Thanksgiving in 1621. The meme’s snarky caption reads: “Celebrating the day Americans fed undocumented aliens from Europe.”

Midler’s meme inaccurately depicts what actually transpired between the Plymouth colony pilgrims and the Wampanoag Indians at the first Thanksgiving feast. Historical accounts show that both the pilgrims and Indians contributed food to the meal, with the pilgrims hunting fowl and the Indians bringing deer. They also feasted on the vegetables that the pilgrims grew with the help of the Indians.

While wild turkey might have been featured at the first Thanksgiving, they would more likely have dined on geese, duck, and other game. Some historians believe that seafood was also served, given the colonist’s proximity to the ocean.

Bette Midler isn’t the only celebrity to trash Thanksgiving this year. As Breitbart News reported, fellow Hollywood star John Leguizamo took to Twitter on Sunday to proclaim, “Happy indigenous survivor’s day! F*ck thanksgiving!”

Happy indigenous survivor’s day! F*ck thanksgiving! pic.twitter.com/OFHGcvTnHz

— John Leguizamo (@JohnLeguizamo) November 20, 2022

Breitbart News’ Rebecca Mansour has published her annual appreciation of Thanksgiving, in which she explains the history of the holiday and the political revisionism that has occurred in the centuries since.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2022/11/25/bette-midler-trashes-thanksgiving-pilgrims-were-undocumented-aliens-from-europe/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

... Native Americans were undocumented immigrants from Asia.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online roamer_1

... Native Americans were undocumented immigrants from Asia.

And Europe.  :whistle:

Offline mountaineer

I would assume only governments require documents. If there was no government bureaucracy in existence in North America in the early 1600s, then there was no entity to require any sort of immigration documents and the settlers cannot, therefore, be termed undocumented.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

So we've gone from Hollywood and other idiots being politically correct to also trashing all American holidays and traditions as well as religious holidays.  The aren't just liberals they are all just bat crap crazies.

I will continue to celebrate, Thanksgiving, Independence Day, Memorial Day, D-day, Veterans' Day, Martin Luther King Day, President's Day, Columbus Day, Christmas and Easter and they can kiss my royal grits.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
So we've gone from Hollywood and other idiots being politically correct to also trashing all American holidays and traditions as well as religious holidays.  The aren't just liberals they are all just bat crap crazies.

I will continue to celebrate, Thanksgiving, Independence Day, Memorial Day, D-day, Veterans' Day, Martin Luther King Day, President's Day, Columbus Day, Christmas and Easter and they can kiss my royal grits.

I am willing to bet old Bette had a Thanksgiving meal yesterday..catered of course..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

I am willing to bet old Bette had a Thanksgiving meal yesterday..catered of course..

No doubt. I am sick to death of political correctness and wokeness.  It has become absolutely downright disgusting. I will NOT change my value system and what I believe in.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Those undocumented immigrants from Asia, and their ancestors, are responsible for the extinction of Wooly Mammoths.  Their poop stinks too.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline aligncare

I would assume only governments require documents. If there was no government bureaucracy in existence in North America in the early 1600s, then there was no entity to require any sort of immigration documents and the settlers cannot, therefore, be termed undocumented.

I think Bette Midler just misspoke.  What she meant to say was “Die, traditionalists, die!”, if we want to be accurate.

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Offline Hoodat

In a tweet on Thursday, Bette Midler posted a meme showing a pilgrim and an Indian sharing a turkey in what appears to be a depiction of the first Thanksgiving in 1621.

The first Thanksgiving was in 1619.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline berdie

Since Bette has been so vocal lately it might behoove her to embrace the old saying..."sometimes it's best to keep one's mouth shut and let people assume you are an idiot rather than open it and remove all doubt." :shrug:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline mountaineer

I have ancestors who arrived in America before 1619. As there was no one on the Maryland shore to document them, it would seem they were undocumented. Whatever are we to do?

Others arrived in the early 1700s, however, by which time the government - the British government that controlled America - was keeping track of who arrived on passenger ships*. So, yes, they are documented immigrants. Wouldn't it be something if lefties learned a little history?

*My ancestor is one of those listed at the top of the page. He was age 6.

List of Palatine Germans under the age of 16 who immigrated on the ship Samuel
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

Bette Midler is free to buy some land in the middle of nowhere, erect a tent, and attempt to prevent herself from starving or freezing to death.  Though she probably won't have to worry too much about marauders killing or enslaving her like many American Indians from that time had to constantly worry about.
That's the kind of life many American Indians led before Europeans arrived to establish the beginnings of modern civilization in America.