Author Topic: CNN’s Kayyem: Males Under 25 Should Not Have Assault Weapons  (Read 942 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CNN’s Kayyem: Males Under 25 Should Not Have Assault Weapons
« on: November 25, 2022, 06:23:41 pm »
CNN’s Kayyem: Males Under 25 Should Not Have Assault Weapons

Pam Key 25 Nov 2022

CNN national security analyst Juliette Kayyem said Friday on CNN’s “At This Hour” that no 18-to-25-year-old males should be allowed to have assault weapons.

When asked about President Biden advocating for an assault weapons ban, Kayyem said, “OK, so you first keep trying to ban them. In other words, the political momentum is clearly showing that independents and generation lockdown, who came out in numbers this last election, may continue to come out on this issue. So, they are viewing gun legislation as seriously as pro-gun advocates have been viewing it. So that is what the politics is, and it just took a while to catch up.”

She added, “The second is, of course, the delay in ages. I would like to get these weapons off the street, but in the short-term, if you could get both state or national legislation to prohibit 18- to 25-year-olds or 21-year-olds from purchasing this weaponry, you will limit the number of mass killings. Again, we’re not going to stop everything, but why wouldn’t you try to — to at least try to get things safer than they have been? And the data is just clear, just looking at the data, that 18- to 25-year-old male bracket, they should not be having these guns, period. There is just no reason to.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/11/25/cnns-kayyem-males-under-25-should-not-have-assault-weapons/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online roamer_1

Re: CNN’s Kayyem: Males Under 25 Should Not Have Assault Weapons
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2022, 06:27:32 pm »
Fat chance. I had been hunting for a decade before I turned 25, and I am by no means unusual.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2022, 11:47:46 pm »
I assume an assault weapon to somebody like Kayyem is something stronger than a rubber band.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2022, 11:55:51 pm »
Personally, I would support a law changing the status of adulthood to the age of 21 for everything. That would include voting, drinking, property ownership, etc.  I just think the world has become too complicated for many 18 year olds to navigate without adult supervision.  Changing the age of maturity would force parents to be more engaged with their teenaged kids because parental permission would be required for just about everything until age 21.

I was driving by the age of 12 or so because my family had a ranch and I had to learn to operate the tractor and other farm vehicles. I also started handling guns at that age.  But I also had a responsible parent watching me like a hawk, which is something sorely missing today.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2022, 12:01:13 am »
They still haven't defined "assault weapon." And if being issued a weapon is the same as "having" one, would this prohibition include soldiers under the age of 25?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2022, 12:16:30 am »
Personally, I would support a law changing the status of adulthood to the age of 21 for everything. That would include voting, drinking, property ownership, etc.  I just think the world has become too complicated for many 18 year olds to navigate without adult supervision.  Changing the age of maturity would force parents to be more engaged with their teenaged kids because parental permission would be required for just about everything until age 21.

I was driving by the age of 12 or so because my family had a ranch and I had to learn to operate the tractor and other farm vehicles. I also started handling guns at that age.  But I also had a responsible parent watching me like a hawk, which is something sorely missing today.

:thumbsup:

Online rustynail

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2022, 12:17:11 am »
Fine, no males under 25 in the armed forces.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2022, 12:22:57 am »

When attending college in my early forties to complete my degree, I noticed that students from rural areas were more mature on average than kids who came from the city.
 It seemed many freshmen from the cities thought that they were still in high school by the way they acted in class. The farm kids I knew always acted more mature.
I would guess giving (farm) kids responsibilities at an early age matures them faster than allowing them to act like spoiled teenagers even when they're in college.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2022, 01:05:00 am »
https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/26/us/texas-gun-carry-law-18-to-20-year-old-unconstitutional

Federal judge strikes down Texas ban on 18- to 20-year-olds carrying handguns in public

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/562834-appeals-court-rules-21-year-minimum-age-for-handgun-purchases-is/

Appeals court rules 21-year minimum age for handgun purchases is unconstitutional

Online roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2022, 01:07:19 am »
Personally, I would support a law changing the status of adulthood to the age of 21 for everything. That would include voting, drinking, property ownership, etc. 

Nope. Not for hunting. Not for driving, or for ownership.

Subsistence REQUIRES those tags the kids get. A family of 6 with two teens can take four deer. And four elk if they can get em, which is not likely. So more likely three deer and one elk... Which is decent meat for a year.

And that takes driving. And driving takes owning a truck.
All of that takes place in early teens in rural areas.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2022, 02:56:12 am »

And yet they manage it in spite of the legal age of maturity being 18. Nothing would really change if the age was increased to 21, except there would have to be a parent or guardian signing off on things.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2022, 03:10:13 am »
And yet they manage it in spite of the legal age of maturity being 18. Nothing would really change if the age was increased to 21, except there would have to be a parent or guardian signing off on things.

I owned my first truck somewhere around 14. Maybe 13.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2022, 02:38:06 pm »
Fat chance. I had been hunting for a decade before I turned 25, and I am by no means unusual.
First got out after squirrels at 9, ducks the same year, and deer later in that season. I was 11 when I got my first deer. Now, you have to be older than that just to take the required hunter safety courses.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2022, 02:39:43 pm »
Nope. Not for hunting. Not for driving, or for ownership.

Subsistence REQUIRES those tags the kids get. A family of 6 with two teens can take four deer. And four elk if they can get em, which is not likely. So more likely three deer and one elk... Which is decent meat for a year.

At 14, here, 'kids' were driving grain trucks. Not the semi with a pup, but still essential to family farm economics.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis