General Category > Sports/Entertainment/MSM/Social Media

CNN’s Kayyem: Males Under 25 Should Not Have Assault Weapons

<< < (3/3)

massadvj:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on November 26, 2022, 01:07:19 am ---And that takes driving. And driving takes owning a truck.
All of that takes place in early teens in rural areas.

--- End quote ---

And yet they manage it in spite of the legal age of maturity being 18. Nothing would really change if the age was increased to 21, except there would have to be a parent or guardian signing off on things.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: massadvj on November 26, 2022, 02:56:12 am ---And yet they manage it in spite of the legal age of maturity being 18. Nothing would really change if the age was increased to 21, except there would have to be a parent or guardian signing off on things.

--- End quote ---

I owned my first truck somewhere around 14. Maybe 13.

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on November 25, 2022, 06:27:32 pm ---Fat chance. I had been hunting for a decade before I turned 25, and I am by no means unusual.

--- End quote ---
First got out after squirrels at 9, ducks the same year, and deer later in that season. I was 11 when I got my first deer. Now, you have to be older than that just to take the required hunter safety courses.

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on November 26, 2022, 01:07:19 am ---Nope. Not for hunting. Not for driving, or for ownership.

Subsistence REQUIRES those tags the kids get. A family of 6 with two teens can take four deer. And four elk if they can get em, which is not likely. So more likely three deer and one elk... Which is decent meat for a year.

And that takes driving. And driving takes owning a truck.
All of that takes place in early teens in rural areas.

--- End quote ---
At 14, here, 'kids' were driving grain trucks. Not the semi with a pup, but still essential to family farm economics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version