Author Topic: 75% Of German Wind Turbines Kill 70 Bats Each In 2 Months. There Are 30,000 Wind Turbines In Germa  (Read 348 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
75% Of German Wind Turbines Kill 70 Bats Each In 2 Months. There Are 30,000 Wind Turbines In Germany.
By Kenneth Richard on 21. November 2022

Share this...
In ‘a call against ignorance and neglect’, researchers expose the massacre of bat populations inflicted by wind turbines in Germany.

Per a new study, there were 209 bats slaughtered in a span of 2 months at 3 studied wind turbine sites in Germany. This amounts to about “70 casualties per turbine.” (These turbine fatality rates are regarded as an underestimate, as they exclude the turbine deaths from the summer/autumn migration season.)

The 3 wind turbines studied are sited and operated without any conservation measures to curtail bat fatalities.

Approximately 3 of every 4 of Germany’s 30,000 onshore wind turbines are similar to these 3 turbines from the study in that they offer no curtailment or habitat protection for bat populations.

Because it is believed (by activists and policymakers) erecting wind turbines has a net positive impact on the Earth’s climate, we can be assured the bat carnage will continue for decades to come.

https://notrickszone.com/2022/11/21/75-of-german-wind-turbines-kill-70-bats-each-in-2-months-there-are-30000-wind-turbines-in-germany/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

No surprise. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I can't seem to remember what the benefits of a substantial bat population is to us at the moment,but I am sure they are an essential part of the "balance" our system needs to maintain a balance.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!