Author Topic: UNESCO’s Delphic Oracles  (Read 199 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
UNESCO’s Delphic Oracles
« on: November 25, 2022, 02:11:40 pm »
UNESCO’s Delphic Oracles

16 hours ago Charles Rotter 8 Comments
Michael Kile

Sanctuary of Apollo, Delphi, Greece
As COP27 was coming to an end – culminating in a vague proposal to establish a weather loss and damage fund now trumpeted as “historic” and “game-changing” – a UNESCO event began at Delphi (above), what was the centre the ancient world.  It was a more modest affair yet a most instructive one, revealing how insidious the rhetoric of climate change (CC) alarmism has become, infecting every division of the agency – and indeed the modern world – like an incurable cancer or virulent virus.

Before we go there, a post-mortem on my previous post: In Egypt, climate catastrophism as usual . As one reporter, possibly recovering from a bout of ecstatic relief or COVID-19, as was US Special Climate Envoy John Kerry and God knows how many other poor souls among the more than 30,000 attendees at Sharm El Sheikh, cautioned:

Sunday’s COP27 agreement still needs countries to thrash out details, such as where the money should come from and which countries or disasters qualify for compensation. (AFR Explainer, Nov 20, 2022)

Such critical matters have been kicked down the carbon-credit road all the way to COP 28, scheduled for Dubai in November, 2023. Conferences of the Parties (COPS) go on forever, of course, just like the weather and human folly.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/11/24/unescos-delphic-oracles/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson