Author Topic: Trump suffers wave of legal setbacks after announcing 2024 bid  (Read 1018 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump suffers wave of legal setbacks after announcing 2024 bid
« on: November 25, 2022, 02:00:23 pm »
Trump suffers wave of legal setbacks one week after announcing 2024 bid
by Christian Datoc, White House Reporter |
November 25, 2022 07:00 AM

Former President Donald Trump suffered a stunning string of court setbacks this week, a clear indication that his legal woes won't disappear after launching his 2024 bid for the White House.

Some had previously speculated that Trump timed his campaign announcement in a bid to shield himself from said legal issues, with hopes that prosecutors and investigators would loosen their investigations to avoid being accused of cracking down on Trump for political reasons.

All in a matter of hours, Tuesday delivered Trump losses in his ongoing battle against the House Ways and Means Committee regarding his taxes, a prolonged abuse and defamation lawsuit raised by author E. Jean Carroll, the New York attorney general's fraud investigation into the Trump Organization, and the Department of Justice's investigation into Trump's handling of White House materials after leaving office.

Two of those matters, the Carroll suits and Ways and Means tax probe, date back to 2019 and received a jolt of life Tuesday afternoon. First, the Supreme Court denied Trump's final request to block the House committee from accessing his tax returns, prompting the former president to lash out on his social media platform, Truth Social.

"Why would anybody be surprised that the Supreme Court has ruled against me, they always do!” Trump wrote in a post. "It is unprecedented to be handing over Tax Returns, & it creates terrible precedent for future Presidents. Has Joe Biden paid taxes on all of the money he made illegally from Hunter & beyond.”

Furthermore, Carroll's attorneys announced their intent to file a new battery and defamation civil suit against Trump following the implementation of New York's new adult survivors law.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/trump-suffers-wave-of-legal-setbacks-2024
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Re: Trump suffers wave of legal setbacks after announcing 2024 bid
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2022, 09:30:49 pm »
Poor DJT.

That lousy SCOTUS. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2022, 06:30:27 am »
With the establishment Dims and RINO's in charge,this should come as a shock to no one. They see Trump as a threat to their lifestyles and positions,and are going after him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2022, 11:48:21 am »
"Why would anybody be surprised that the Supreme Court has ruled against me, they always do!” Trump wrote in a post. "It is unprecedented to be handing over Tax Returns, & it creates terrible precedent for future Presidents. Has Joe Biden paid taxes on all of the money he made illegally from Hunter & beyond.”

IRC sec. 6103.  It’s hardly unprecedented. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2022, 02:49:24 pm »
Having spent years and millions trying to find dirt on Trump, they are pulling out the stops to find anything, something, to take him down.

This is no surprise.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2022, 02:53:21 pm »
Poor DJT.

That lousy SCOTUS.

Yes, a unanimous ruling. Let that sink in. Pretty rare these days.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2022, 02:55:07 pm »
With the establishment Dims and RINO's in charge,this should come as a shock to no one. They see Trump as a threat to their lifestyles and positions,and are going after him.

:yowsa:  pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2022, 03:00:44 pm »
IRC sec. 6103.  It’s hardly unprecedented.

And the Marxist IRC needs to be thrown onto the ash heap of history ASAP. 

We will never again be a truly FREE people for so long as we continue to abide the Marxist income tax and the IRS.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2022, 03:02:41 pm »

We will never again be a truly FREE people for so long as we continue to abide the Marxist income tax and the IRS.

:facepalm2:

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2022, 03:07:01 pm »

I'd love to do that, but how do we convince the public at large to be on board?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2022, 03:17:39 pm »
I'd love to do that, but how do we convince the public at large to be on board?

:yowsa: That does seem to be the problem, and with our current public "education" system in place it isn't likely to change but I'll keep trying regardless.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 03:18:43 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2022, 03:21:44 pm »
Has the Kraken been unleashed yet?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2022, 03:23:07 pm »

And he keeps handing them reasons to do so.

He's his own worst enemy and I am through with it.

• Technical
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2022, 03:29:03 pm »
:yowsa: That does seem to be the problem, and with our current public "education" system in place it isn't likely to change but I'll keep trying regardless.

:beer:

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2022, 03:30:21 pm »
Yeah, it's long been clear that Trump is pretty much an idiot who's good at making real estate and mafia deals, and selling himself while using other people's money.

88888cool
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2022, 03:58:19 pm »
Having spent years and millions trying to find dirt on Trump, they are pulling out the stops to find anything, something, to take him down.

This is no surprise.

No, this is no surprise, they are going to do whatever is necessary by whatever means they need to use to keep him from running in '24.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2022, 04:02:15 pm »
Yeah, it's long been clear that Trump is pretty much an idiot who's good at making real estate and mafia deals, and selling himself while using other people's money.

88888cool

@Timber Rattler

Jealousy is never pretty,but is always petty.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2022, 04:04:36 pm »
No, this is no surprise, they are going to do whatever is necessary by whatever means they need to use to keep him from running in '24.

@libertybele

Why not? They have the whole DNC,and most of the RNC backing them.

Not to mention offshore/off the books contributions.

The political establishment has a system in place that has been working perfectly to keep them in power and in cash for decades now,and they do NOT want to see the boat rocked.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2022, 04:36:30 pm »

This is no surprise.

They're reaching the point where the only way to stop Trump will be to end his freedom or his life.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 04:38:05 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2022, 04:41:59 pm »
On the bright side, the SCOTUS decision opens the door for a GOP House to request Biden's tax returns to evaluate the need for campaign finance disclosure law reform.

Biden, Inc., is a suspect R.I.C.O. enterprise.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2022, 06:12:55 pm »
On the bright side, the SCOTUS decision opens the door for a GOP House to request Biden's tax returns to evaluate the need for campaign finance disclosure law reform.

Biden, Inc., is a suspect R.I.C.O. enterprise.

@DefiantMassRINO

The RNC can demand that all they want,but the truth is it is the last thing EITHER the RNC OR the DNC want to see happen because "strikes like that hit too close to "home".

Oh,I have no doubt that if enough people push for it,there will be a "show" put on to please the goobers,but it will be about as real as Biden's pro-American accomplishments and political career.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2022, 07:11:37 pm »
@libertybele

Why not? They have the whole DNC,and most of the RNC backing them.

Not to mention offshore/off the books contributions.

The political establishment has a system in place that has been working perfectly to keep them in power and in cash for decades now,and they do NOT want to see the boat rocked.

Exactly.  The good ole country club continues.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2022, 07:16:47 pm »
They're reaching the point where the only way to stop Trump will be to end his freedom or his life.

I am afraid you are exactly right.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2022, 10:49:43 pm »
I am afraid you are exactly right.

Why are you helping them?