Author Topic: China on course to overtake America's naval capabilities  (Read 218 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
China on course to overtake America's naval capabilities
« on: November 25, 2022, 11:03:23 am »
China on course to overtake America's naval capabilities
Surin Murugiah

theedgemarkets.com

November 25, 2022 09:58 am +08

KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 25): A global shift in naval capabilities could be in the offing, with China’s massive navy modernisation ambitions threatening the dominance of the US — a development that puts Washington’s ability to control global waters at risk.

Industry magazine The Maritime Executive earlier this month (Nov 20) said the Congressional Research Service (CRS) has warned that going by the rate at which China is modernising its navy, coupled by the US' procrastination in navy investments, Beijing is on course to overtake the US in terms of naval capabilities.

It said apart from threatening US naval dominance, the US could lose the abilities to achieve and maintain wartime control of ocean areas in the Western Pacific, the first such challenge the US Navy has faced since the end of the Cold War.

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/china-course-overtake-americas-naval-capabilities
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline EdinVA

Re: China on course to overtake America's naval capabilities
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2022, 01:07:01 pm »
But out Navy will never use the wrong pronouns....