Author Topic: McCarthy To Open Capitol To The Public After GOP Takes Over In January  (Read 350 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCarthy To Open Capitol To The Public After GOP Takes Over In January

Arjun Singh
Contributor
November 23, 2022 10:34 AM ET

The U.S. Capitol is set to become more accessible to the public in January after Republicans take control of the House of Representatives, said House Minority Leader Rep. Kevin McCarthy.

Over the 117th Congress, much of the Capitol, particularly the House of Representatives, remained inaccessible to members of the public. The galleries of both chambers, as well as access to offices and public tour spots like the rotunda, were closed due to COVID-19, while security measures, such as non-scalable fencing, which was later removed, were put in place after Jan. 6, 2021 to further limited access, according to Politico.

Opening the Capitol to the public would be “one of the first orders of business,” McCarthy wrote on Twitter. Members of the public may gain access to the galleries through normal procedures as well as obtain tickets from members, a measure that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi suspended following the storming of the Capitol building on Jan. 6, 2021. 

McCarthy additionally stated that every morning of the House’s proceedings would begin with a prayer as well as the Pledge of Allegiance to the U.S. flag, a departure from their intermittent practice under Democrats, according to a post on Facebook. “No exceptions,” he wrote, in relation to the announced measure. 

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/11/23/capitol-change-republicans-congress-january/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

Re: McCarthy To Open Capitol To The Public After GOP Takes Over In January
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2022, 05:49:48 pm »
McCarthy is talking a lot of crap for someone who is not speaker yet.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2022, 06:44:56 pm »
I think McCarthy's approach to Speakership is fake it until he makes it.  If McCarthy acts like he is Speaker, people may believe he IS Speaker.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2022, 07:42:30 pm »
I think McCarthy's approach to Speakership is fake it until he makes it.  If McCarthy acts like he is Speaker, people may believe he IS Speaker.

I didn't like him to begin with and to me him making announcements before he's Speaker make him come across very very arrogant.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2022, 07:45:31 pm »
Talk is cheap, show me....