Author Topic: Coast Guard Rescues 18 Migrants Stranded on Boat Adrift for 5 Days  (Read 329 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Coast Guard Rescues 18 Migrants Stranded on Boat Adrift for 5 Days
Published November 23, 2022 • Updated on November 23, 2022 

A San Diego Coast Guard crew rescued 18 migrants who were stranded on a motor boat for at least five days in the ocean off the coast of Baja California, according to USCG officials in San Diego.

The migrants were discovered at around 4 p.m. Wednesday by a passing boat about 16 miles offshore and the rescue operation kicked off shortly after, the USCG San Diego office said.

The rescued passengers were suffering from sun overexposure and lack of food and water, according to San Diego Fire-Rescue crews standing by at the USCG station. At least three were taken to hospitals in San Diego, according to SDFD officials.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/coast-guard-rescuing-18-migrants-stranded-on-boat-for-5-days/3106689/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Coast Guard Rescues 18 Migrants Stranded on Boat Adrift for 5 Days
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2022, 07:00:21 pm »
Coast Guard Rescues 18 Migrants Stranded on Boat Adrift for 5 Days
Published November 23, 2022 • Updated on November 23, 2022 

A San Diego Coast Guard crew rescued 18 migrants who were stranded on a motor boat for at least five days in the ocean off the coast of Baja California, according to USCG officials in San Diego.

The migrants were discovered at around 4 p.m. Wednesday by a passing boat about 16 miles offshore and the rescue operation kicked off shortly after, the USCG San Diego office said.

The rescued passengers were suffering from sun overexposure and lack of food and water, according to San Diego Fire-Rescue crews standing by at the USCG station. At least three were taken to hospitals in San Diego, according to SDFD officials.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/coast-guard-rescuing-18-migrants-stranded-on-boat-for-5-days/3106689/
But why, sharks gots to eats too don't they?

Offline mountaineer

Re: Coast Guard Rescues 18 Migrants Stranded on Boat Adrift for 5 Days
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 08:44:39 pm »
But why, sharks gots to eats too don't they?
I guess the USCG is sharkophobic.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org