Author Topic: The “Stochastic Terror” Lie  (Read 410 times)

Offline mountaineer

The “Stochastic Terror” Lie
« on: November 24, 2022, 03:00:46 pm »
The “Stochastic Terror” Lie
The Left’s latest gambit for suppressing speech is built on preposterous grounds.
Christopher F. Rufo
November 14, 2022
I browsed the news recently only to discover that, according to a popular science magazine, I was responsible for the attempted murder of Paul Pelosi, husband to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

In an opinion piece for Scientific American, writer Bryn Nelson insinuated that my factual reporting on Drag Queen Story Hour was an example of “stochastic terrorism,” which he defines as “ideologically driven hate speech” that increases the likelihood of unpredictable acts of violence. On the night of the attack, Nelson argued, I had appeared on Tucker Carlson Tonight to discuss my reporting, and, hours later, the alleged attacker, David DePape, radicalized by “QAnon” conspiracy theories about “Democratic, Satan-worshipping pedophiles,” broke into the Pelosi residence and attacked Paul Pelosi with a hammer.

This is a bizarre claim that, for a magazine supposedly dedicated to “science,” hardly meets a scientific standard of cause and effect. There is no evidence that DePape watched or was motivated by Tucker Carlson’s program; moreover, nothing in my reporting on Drag Queen Story Hour encourages violence or mentions Nancy Pelosi, QAnon, or Satan-worshipping pedophiles. My appearance on Tucker Carlson Tonight and DePape’s attack against Paul Pelosi are, in reality, two unrelated incidents in a large and complex universe. And Nelson, a microbiologist specializing in human excrement, is full of it.

But Nelson isn’t trying to prove anything in a scientific sense. Under the concept of “stochastic terrorism,” logic, evidence, and causality are irrelevant. Any incident of violence can be politicized and attributed to any ideological opponent, regardless of facts. ...

In recent years, the Left has not only monopolized the concept of “stochastic terrorism” but also built a growing apparatus for enforcing it. ...
City Journal
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Re: The “Stochastic Terror” Lie
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2022, 03:07:57 pm »
Seth Dillon
@SethDillon
On the definition of stochastic terrorism, calling someone a stochastic terrorist is stochastic terrorism.
9:30 PM · Nov 22, 2022

Li'l Attention Hogg caught wind of the left's new favorite meaningless phrase, and it didn't go well for him:
David Hogg is trying out a new catchphrase. Let’s see how it’s going
November 23, 2022 | Sierra Marlee 

Leftist darling and gun control advocate David Hogg is trying to coin a new progressive buzzword, and it’s not going that great.

On Monday, he decided to accuse Republicans of basically being terrorists over the Colorado gay nightclub shooting. Unfortunately for him though, not everyone was impressed by his ability to make up things that sound good.   
Hey journalists- what republicans are engaged in has a name. It is called stochastic terrorism.

— David Hogg ☮️ (@davidhogg111) November 21, 2022
“Stochastic” is defined by the dictionary as “randomly determined; having a random probability distribution or pattern that may be analyzed statistically but may not be predicted precisely.” ...
The article goes on to cite some of the responses to Li'l Spaghetti Arms' tweet, including this:
Enguerrand VII de Coucy
@ingelramdecoucy
Replying to @davidhogg111
You just find that memo that went out six months ago with this talking point behind the dresser, David?
3:21 PM · Nov 21, 2022
BizPacReview

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2022, 01:10:23 pm »
Seth Dillon
@SethDillon
On the definition of stochastic terrorism, calling someone a stochastic terrorist is stochastic terrorism.
9:30 PM · Nov 22, 2022

Li'l Attention Hogg caught wind of the left's new favorite meaningless phrase, and it didn't go well for him:“Stochastic” is defined by the dictionary as “randomly determined; having a random probability distribution or pattern that may be analyzed statistically but may not be predicted precisely.” ...The article goes on to cite some of the responses to Li'l Spaghetti Arms' tweet, including this:BizPacReview

If I recall, didn’t The Hogg use a word or phrase a while back were, like this one, he didn’t know the meaning of?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2022, 01:25:19 pm »
If I recall, didn’t The Hogg use a word or phrase a while back were, like this one, he didn’t know the meaning of?
Pretty sure he does that on a regular basis. His vocabulary - like his knowledge of English grammar - is lacking.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2022, 09:32:35 pm »
In an opinion piece for Scientific American, writer Bryn Nelson
insinuated that my factual reporting on Drag Queen Story Hour
was an example of “stochastic terrorism,”
which he defines as “ideologically driven hate speech”
that increases the likelihood of unpredictable acts of violence.

This is exactly the same kind of thinking that Hitler used to "justify" the Holocaust!
Hitler noticed that some Jews had established Communism,
and that some Jews were promoting cultural decadence,
and then decided that his "final solution" would be to
exterminate every Jew in the world!

There is a BIG difference between
something being done by individuals AMONG a group,
and something being done by the entire group!

Just as Hitler blamed ALL the Jews for every evil act done by ANY single Jew,
today's leftists are trying to blame ALL conservatives
for every evil act done by any mentally deficient person
who has ever read or heard any statement made by any conservative!

BOTH misassignments of blame are equally dishonest, and equally evil!

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2022, 01:29:52 am »

This is exactly the same kind of thinking that Hitler used to "justify" the Holocaust!
Hitler noticed that some Jews had established Communism,
and that some Jews were promoting cultural decadence,
and then decided that his "final solution" would be to
exterminate every Jew in the world!

There is a BIG difference between
something being done by individuals AMONG a group,
and something being done by the entire group!

Just as Hitler blamed ALL the Jews for every evil act done by ANY single Jew,
today's leftists are trying to blame ALL conservatives
for every evil act done by any mentally deficient person
who has ever read or heard any statement made by any conservative!

BOTH misassignments of blame are equally dishonest, and equally evil!

Good point