Author Topic: NPR Presents Laughably Pathetic Thanksgiving Food Substitutes Due to Inflation  (Read 460 times)

Offline pjcomix

• DUmmie FUnnies YouTube Channel
Remember "funemployment?" That was a concept introduced during the Obama administration during 2009 to make people feel better about rampant unemployment by portraying it as a fun thing.

Well, flash forward to the inflationary era of 2022 during the Biden administration and National Public Radio has come up with something similar. Not the "Whip Inflation Now" (WIN) of the 1970s but more of an upbeat version that makes inflation sounds like a creative challenge or Winflation. And as part of the Winflation challenge, NPR has come up with what they think are creative ideas for whipping inflation during Thanksgiving dinner.

Picture the scene: The Thanksgiving guests are seated around the dinner table and eagerly anticipating the traditional dinner when the host reaches into the oven and pulls out a tray of... bacon. Imagine the depressing letdown of the guests when they realize it is no joke and they won't be eating turkey. Nothing could be destroy the mood more except perhaps if the host also presents his substitute for stuffing... sliced tomatoes.

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/pj-gladnick/2022/11/24/npr-presents-laughably-pathetic-thanksgiving-food-substitutes-due
DUmmie FUnnies YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/dummiefunnies

Offline mountaineer

I found turkey for .59 per pound and sweet potatoes at .19 per pound. I will use some bacon with the brussels sprouts, though (those little cabbages are the most expensive part of the meal).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I found turkey for .59 per pound and sweet potatoes at .19 per pound. I will use some bacon with the brussels sprouts, though (those little cabbages are the most expensive part of the meal).
Seriously! Brussels were 2.99 a pound and green beans were 2.49 near me. Since it's just the two of us and my mom it'll just be green beans this year.

Offline mountaineer

The Brussels sprouts were on sale for $1.99 per pound, thankfully, or I wouldn't have bought them. Still better than eating crickets and twigs, or whatever the heck NPR thinks we should consume.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org