Author Topic: Train Your Brain’ on Climate Change? (debate, don’t assume)  (Read 172 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Train Your Brain’ on Climate Change? (debate, don’t assume)
« on: December 03, 2022, 03:00:14 pm »
‘Train Your Brain’ on Climate Change? (debate, don’t assume)
By Robert Bradley Jr. -- December 2, 2022

“Dr. Duhaime is invited to liberate her brain to question the premises of climate alarmism and forced energy transformation. Listen to recent climate debates involving Steven Koonin. Read Alex Epstein’s Fossil Future. Sponsor a Harvard University discussion/debate with both. ‘Train Your Brain’ the right way.”

It is a grand intellectual ruse. Part of it is magical thinking: that wind, solar, and batteries can substitute for mineral energies and thus “save the planet.” The other part is the “everyone knows” shared narrative: catastrophic climate change is occurring because of man-made greenhouse gas emissions.

In the New York Times’s “Climate Forward,” Somini Sengupta recently interviewed neurologist Ann-Christine Duhaime based on her new book, “Minding the Climate: How Neuroscience Can Help Solve Our Environmental Crisis” (Harvard University Press). The question she sets out to answer (per Climate Forward) is: “Why we mortal humans cannot grasp and act on the climate emergency.”

The Times’s “Train Your Brain” begins by introducing the expert.

https://www.masterresource.org/new-york-times/train-brain-climate-change/
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 03:07:33 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson