Author Topic: The unstated reason why the red wave died  (Read 768 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The unstated reason why the red wave died
« on: November 23, 2022, 06:39:30 pm »
November 22, 2022
By Carole Hornsby Haynes

With the failure of the Republican Party to achieve a red wave in the midterm elections, many explanations — and accusations — are being bandied about.  Blame is attributed to abortion, Trump endorsements, election integrity, and voter fraud, and the shifting of millions of votes to Democrats by Google, Facebook, and other tech monopolies.

Marketing expert Mark Beal from the Rutgers University School of Communication and Information believes there is still another factor in the election that is being overlooked: the impact of Generation Z.  An expert on this group (born between 1997 and 2012), Beal says they will wield increasing influence on local, state, and national election outcomes.

This "purpose" generation is focused on environment issues and women's rights.  Aggressively programmed in diversity, inclusion, and equity, they support "corporations, brands, organizations and individuals running for office that have the ability, influence and power to contribute to a better world, nation and community."

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/11/the_unstated_reason_why_the_red_wave_died.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

Re: The unstated reason why the red wave died
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 06:45:43 pm »
November 22, 2022
By Carole Hornsby Haynes

With the failure of the Republican Party to achieve a red wave in the midterm elections, many explanations — and accusations — are being bandied about.  Blame is attributed to abortion, Trump endorsements, election integrity, and voter fraud, and the shifting of millions of votes to Democrats by Google, Facebook, and other tech monopolies.

Marketing expert Mark Beal from the Rutgers University School of Communication and Information believes there is still another factor in the election that is being overlooked: the impact of Generation Z.  An expert on this group (born between 1997 and 2012), Beal says they will wield increasing influence on local, state, and national election outcomes.

This "purpose" generation is focused on environment issues and women's rights.  Aggressively programmed in diversity, inclusion, and equity, they support "corporations, brands, organizations and individuals running for office that have the ability, influence and power to contribute to a better world, nation and community."

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/11/the_unstated_reason_why_the_red_wave_died.html
Yup...there are more of them than there are of us.  And they are nuts!  My college age nieces are a perfect example.  They both hate the oil industry and are pretty much woke.  A good friend of mine's niece who is going to UT Austin changed her name to "Leaf" and is non-binary...whatever the heck that is.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 06:46:30 pm by mrpotatohead »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2022, 07:16:37 pm »
Gotta call bs on this. Z's weren't that much of the electorate, and liberal Z's are going to tend to live in liberal districts that already have blue candidates.

Can't see them being the cause of more than a seat flip, maybe two.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2022, 08:35:52 pm »
Gotta call bs on this. Z's weren't that much of the electorate, and liberal Z's are going to tend to live in liberal districts that already have blue candidates.

Can't see them being the cause of more than a seat flip, maybe two.

@Free Vulcan

For NOW.

There are more of them reaching voting age every election cycle,though,and they have the convictions of religious fanatics when it comes to the environment,global warming,and every other brain fart you can think of.

About the only thing I can think of that would wake them up would be the inevitable Chinese invasion/take over of the left coast,as well as the invasion of Eastern Russia.

AND.....,who is going to stop them? Certainly not the people living happily in local collectives that have never experienced anything else.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 08:38:06 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2022, 08:44:28 pm »
Setting aside absurdly early voting, ballot harvesting, precincts closed on election day, counting until the number of votes needed are miracuously found without a chain of custody, McConnell denying financial support to candidates who support the base over him ----- GenZ turned out en masse;  for them this election was a very personalized crusade.

Kudos cannot be denied to the White House for coordinating with TikTok to focus the attention of GenZers on one or more of the "rights" they were about to lose ----  the "right" to kill their young (thank you so much, Lindsey);  the "right' not to repay a student loan;  the "right" to a gun-free world;  the '"right" to change their sex as many times as they choose;  and the "right" to have their IPhones powered by windmills..

They're now asking the question:  "can you hear us now?".  Apparently, our answer is "no".

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2022, 10:35:29 pm »
I still think it's possible all of the talk of a red wave itself demotivated conservatives, who figured it was a foregone conclusion.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2022, 10:46:41 pm »
  They both hate the oil industry and are pretty much woke. 

A little off tangent, but about 20 years ago, I was wearing my work nomex while gassing up, and this cranky old woman came up to me and started bitching about the price of gas.

I looked at her and replied.....   Lady, just for that comment....   I am going to raise prices 5 cents a gallon tommorrow.

Her mouth gaped open, and she was speechless.   Sometimes I love messing with people.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 10:47:35 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2022, 10:51:26 pm »
I still think it's possible all of the talk of a red wave itself demotivated conservatives, who figured it was a foregone conclusion.

Partly... and partly that the press is playing down success... I still don't know how many governorships and state houses rolled over - but it seemed pretty tight in a lot of places, even without a win. And just flipping the House, Florida, and Iowa is pretty respectable.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2022, 11:18:48 pm »
Partly... and partly that the press is playing down success... I still don't know how many governorships and state houses rolled over - but it seemed pretty tight in a lot of places, even without a win. And just flipping the House, Florida, and Iowa is pretty respectable.

@roamer_1

VERY true,and sadly,I am as guilty as anyone else of overlooking that because the media did such a good job of "playing it down".

Make no mistake about it,the media is one of our most powerful and evil enemies. It IS the propaganda arm of International Globalism.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2022, 11:33:59 pm »
potatohead observes:
"Yup...there are more of them than there are of us.  And they are nuts!  My college age nieces are a perfect example.  They both hate the oil industry and are pretty much woke.  A good friend of mine's niece who is going to UT Austin changed her name to "Leaf" and is non-binary...whatever the heck that is."

Once again, Jim Morrison said it in "Five to One":
"They got the guns, but we got the numbers"

As the nation's demographics change, a larger and larger cohort of the electorate will have been "totally educated" by the leftist-communist "education system".

Think traditional-minded Americans (mostly older ones) are going to vote their way out of it...?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2022, 12:15:21 am »

@roamer_1

VERY true,and sadly,I am as guilty as anyone else of overlooking that because the media did such a good job of "playing it down".

Make no mistake about it,the media is one of our most powerful and evil enemies. It IS the propaganda arm of International Globalism.

@sneakypete

That's right.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2022, 12:26:07 am »

I think that there's some truth to that.  So many assumed that it would be a red tsunami because Joe's policies are so bad and he can't remember what he's doing most of the time.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2022, 12:28:54 am »
I think that there's some truth to that.  So many assumed that it would be a red tsunami because Joe's policies are so bad and he can't remember what he's doing most of the time.

There were a lot of people, myself included, that believed people being unhappy with how things were going would be enough to propel the Republicans to massive victory.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2022, 02:03:07 am »

Look at the start of the "welcome to the party pal" thread... our side was pretty confident weren't we?