Author Topic: What’s in Senate’s Same-Sex Marriage Bill, Why It’s Threat to Religious Freedom  (Read 186 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What’s in Senate’s Same-Sex Marriage Bill, Why It’s Threat to Religious Freedom
Virginia Allen / @Virginia_Allen5 / November 23, 2022

The U.S. Senate is considering legislation that could have dire consequences for religious freedom.

The so-called Respect for Marriage Act goes beyond codifying same-sex marriage in federal law to make the acceptance of gay marriage compulsory.

“The so-called Respect for Marriage Act will just simply lead to more attacks on Americans’ religious liberty,” says Jay Richards, a senior research fellow at The Heritage Foundation. (The Daily Signal is the news outlet of The Heritage Foundation.)

Richards joins “The Daily Signal Podcast” to discuss the bill and why it poses a threat to Christian organizations and anyone else who holds to a traditional view of marriage.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/11/23/whats-in-senates-same-sex-marriage-bill-why-its-threat-to-religious-freedom/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson