Author Topic: W.Va. governor eyeing Manchin challenge  (Read 739 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
W.Va. governor eyeing Manchin challenge
« on: November 23, 2022, 04:18:43 pm »

West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice (R) said on Tuesday that he is “seriously considering” challenging Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) for his state’s Senate seat in 2024.

“I’m very seriously considering running for Senate,” Justice said at a press briefing on Tuesday, adding, “A lot of thinking and planning and everything and discussion ongoing with my family and lots of folks, but serious, serious consideration. You’ll know real soon.”

“I truly believe the people in the great state of West Virginia are with me in whatever decision I make,” Justice said. “I’m sure they’ll be right with me, as they know without any question I’ll be right with them.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/3747895-w-va-governor-eyeing-manchin-challenge/
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

Re: W.Va. governor eyeing Manchin challenge
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2022, 12:13:49 am »
This could end up being a GOP pick up in 2024
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 03:17:53 pm »
Justice v. Mooney in the GOP primary: yikes, not much of a choice.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2022, 03:36:30 pm »
I'll give Jim Justice credit...he's been an excellent governor of West Virginia despite being a very shady coal company owner in previous years.  He'd be a good Senator too I think but is getting long in the tooth.  Not sure if he's got the energy left for a campaign run against Manchin.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2022, 10:44:34 pm »
Aren't there any up-and-coming young Republicans in West Virginia?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2022, 01:17:21 am »
Aren't there any up-and-coming young Republicans in West Virginia?
State treasurer Riley Moore, who seems to be a solid conservative despite being the nephew of RINO Sen. Shelley Moore Capito, has announced he'll run for Rep. Mooney's seat when Mooney runs for Senate. He's the only one who comes to mind immediately.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2022, 12:24:55 am »
State treasurer Riley Moore, who seems to be a solid conservative despite being the nephew of RINO Sen. Shelley Moore Capito, has announced he'll run for Rep. Mooney's seat when Mooney runs for Senate. He's the only one who comes to mind immediately.
More on Moore (see what I did there?):
West Virginia anti-ESG crusader aims to bring fight to Congress with 2024 run
by Zachary Halaschak, Economics Reporter |
November 27, 2022 03:00 AM

West Virginia Treasurer Riley Moore has made battling ESG a top priority, and he now hopes to bring that fight to the halls of Congress.

Moore jumped into the 2024 contest this week, seeking the Republican nomination to represent the state’s 2nd District. Moore grabbed national headlines by using the power of the typically low-profile state treasurer role to work against the environmental, social, and governance push from corporations and financial institutions.

Moore told the Washington Examiner during a Tuesday interview that he hopes to continue his anti-ESG crusade at the federal level should he be chosen to serve in Congress.

“Look, I’ve been in the trenches on this for two years, and by the time I get there, it will be four years in dealing with it on a day-to-day basis,” Moore said about ESG. “So I’m going to have a wealth of experience coming into Congress, if I’m so lucky to be elected, that can help and inform this ESG scheme that we’re trying to defeat.”  ...
Washington Examiner

Offline Idiot

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2022, 12:37:21 am »
I'll give Jim Justice credit...he's been an excellent governor of West Virginia despite being a very shady coal company owner in previous years.  He'd be a good Senator too I think but is getting long in the tooth.  Not sure if he's got the energy left for a campaign run against Manchin.
As long as he can campaign from the basement, he's good.   happy77

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2022, 01:29:57 am »
As long as he can campaign from the basement, he's good.   happy77
Big Jim would rather campaign from the drive-thru at Wendy's.