Author Topic: Marine 3-star ‘myth-busts’ notions about Force Design 2030  (Read 157 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Marine 3-star ‘myth-busts’ notions about Force Design 2030
« on: November 23, 2022, 03:09:45 pm »
Marine 3-star ‘myth-busts’ notions about Force Design 2030
By Irene Loewenson
 Nov 22, 04:11 PM

ARLINGTON, Virginia — Lt. Gen. Christopher Mahoney came to the Army Navy Country Club with a mission: bust some Force Design 2030 myths.

“You ever seen that show ‘MythBusters’?” the deputy commandant for programs and resources, and a former fighter pilot, asked the audience at a Marine Corps Association luncheon Thursday. “The dude with the funny hat, and they say, ‘Hey, can you shoot a guy off a hangman’s rope with one round?’ and they bust the myths.”

“I want to talk about a few myths here and then just place facts against them,” said Mahoney, the Marine Corps’ budget chief. “Whether I bust those myths or not, you can judge for yourself.”

An ambitious overhaul of the Marine Corps, Force Design 2030 is the Corps’ solution to make the service more nimble and less vulnerable as the military shifts its attention toward a potential conflict with China.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2022/11/22/marine-3-star-myth-busts-notions-about-force-design-2030/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: Marine 3-star ‘myth-busts’ notions about Force Design 2030
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 05:51:55 pm »
Commandant Berger's vision for the future of the USMC is to only serve as a security force for the U.S. Navy and State Department, and that's about it.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus