Author Topic: Ron DeSantis Now Being Accused of 'Torture' During Military Career  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Ron DeSantis Now Being Accused of 'Torture' During Military Career
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2022, 01:33:47 am »
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 01:34:35 am by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2022, 01:39:32 am »
A little man whose time has passed.
:thumbsup:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2022, 01:40:38 am »
As a note, I like DeSantis and he is very popular, but I think he needs to be watched and not just given a free pass. I've stated that before.

Of course not. Trust no one. Especially lawyers and politicians.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2022, 01:41:31 am »
A little man whose time has passed.

And yet your hatred for him eats you alive.  :shrug:

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2022, 01:45:07 am »
@libertybele
You DO know he is rude,right?

You keep saying that as if it doesn't factor into his favorability.  The election is a popularity contest, and effective communication is an important part of the job.  Trump was extremely obnoxious in the first debate, and basically eliminated himself.  Now he's threatening to use tabloid gossip against primary opponents, which is just going to convince a segment of conservatives to look at third parties or stay home altogether. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2022, 01:56:46 am »
You keep saying that as if it doesn't factor into his favorability.  The election is a popularity contest, and effective communication is an important part of the job.  Trump was extremely obnoxious in the first debate, and basically eliminated himself.  Now he's threatening to use tabloid gossip against primary opponents, which is just going to convince a segment of conservatives to look at third parties or stay home altogether.

Agree.  Being rude and obnoxious towards a conservative opponent will not gain Trump additional voters, it will only further fracture the party and hand over the WH to the DEMS.

He went after every single opponent in a way that made a mockery out of the election and debate process.  He eliminated his GOP opponents one by one, and with Cruz having the most delegates he went after him with accusations so ridiculous and hateful that people vowed to never vote for him.  In the long run it hurt him. He does it again this election and he's going to find himself on the losing side.

I went from not voting for him in the primary to voting for him in the general and patting him on the back to now not voting for him.  He has become unhinged and I think that will carry over into his presidency if he's elected again. Perhaps his age and all he has endured from the leftists have gotten to him.  I just don't trust him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2022, 02:01:49 am »

You keep saying that as if it doesn't factor into his favorability.

@cato potatoe

Of course it factors into his favorability. A politician running for office being polite is VERY important to fools.

The election is a popularity contest, and effective communication is an important part of the job.  Trump was extremely obnoxious in the first debate, and basically eliminated himself.  Now he's threatening to use tabloid gossip against primary opponents, which is just going to convince a segment of conservatives to look at third parties or stay home altogether.

People like you,who would vote for Bubba again if given the chance because he is polite and smiles a lot.

After all,image is more important than ideas,right?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!