Author Topic: Ron DeSantis Now Being Accused of 'Torture' During Military Career  (Read 1307 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ron DeSantis Now Being Accused of 'Torture' During Military Career
By Bonchie | 6:00 AM on November 23, 2022

As DeSantis’ star has grown, the attacks against him have become more and more absurd. What political observer could forget when ’60 Minutes’ tried to accuse him of selling access to the coronavirus vaccines? Or when the press rallied around a mentally-ill grifter who lied about DeSantis forging COVID-19 data? Even the White House has accused him of essentially murdering people.

Given that, it was just a matter of time before things got even weirder, and boy, have they gotten weirder. According to a supposed former inmate at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, DeSantis led a “torture” regime against him and others at the prison.

https://twitter.com/nkulw/status/1595201546416947201

To start, it’s pretty much impossible to corroborate any of this, though, the former prisoner in question does appear to be real. Was DeSantis there? Did he order that this man be “tortured?” Absent military records, no one has any real idea, and we are left being asked to take the word of one man. What’s his angle? Why is he just now sharing this? Again, no one has any real idea.

What we can do is talk down the actual accusation, which is fairly absurd. Apparently, at least according to this former prisoner, DeSantis signed off on him being forcibly fed “Ensure” while he was on a hunger-strike. Yes, you read that right. The rockstar governor’s grave sin, if it’s even true, was saving a man’s life who was trying to commit suicide. That’s apparently what passes for “torture,” these days. Another accusation supposed that DeSantis laughed while the feedings took place.

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/11/23/ron-desantis-now-being-accused-of-torture-during-military-career-n663089
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Ron DeSantis Now Being Accused of 'Torture' During Military Career
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 02:45:57 pm »
Was it Bacon flavored Ensure?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2022, 03:15:35 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2022, 03:17:31 pm »
Now that desantis has garnered the attention of the political hit process, lets see if he does any better than Trump

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2022, 10:00:54 pm »
And so it begins.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2022, 10:03:54 pm »
And so it begins.

Of course, but keep in mind Trump would like to see him gone too that's why he went after him unprovoked.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2022, 10:07:52 pm »
Of course, but keep in mind Trump would like to see him gone too that's why he went after him unprovoked.

@libertybele

Yeah,hit bees all Trumps falts,huh?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2022, 10:09:27 pm »
@libertybele

Yeah,hit bees all Trumps falts,huh?
Seriously, yuze gonna pull dat line agin?

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2022, 10:18:32 pm »
Just goes to show we have to go for the Left wing's throats......

Two can play this game.

No quarter.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DB

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2022, 10:23:26 pm »
I. Don't. Care.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2022, 11:01:24 pm »

@libertybele

RDS recording a robo call encouraging Republicans to vote for Joe O'Dea, "for the leadership we need in the Senate", is provocation.  O'dea was the McConnell-supported candidate whose campaign promise was to defeat Trump in 2024.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2022, 11:04:50 pm »
Seriously, yuze gonna pull dat line agin?

@libertybele

They seem to be words you and other RINO's live by.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2022, 11:05:57 pm »
@libertybele

RDS recording a robo call encouraging Republicans to vote for Joe O'Dea, "for the leadership we need in the Senate", is provocation.  O'dea was the McConnell-supported candidate whose campaign promise was to defeat Trump in 2024.

News to me. Do you know for a fact that DeSantis himself directed/orchestrated that robo call??

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2022, 11:10:05 pm »
@libertybele

They seem to be words you and other RINO's live by.

Nope, I've never, ever stated that everything was Trump's fault @sneakypete but I find it very discouraging that Trump pulled out the knives and went after a solid conservative.

With the DEMS and GOPe going after Trump (still),  I still find it unlikely that Trump is going to be able to run anyways, but that's just how things have been looking and my opinion.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2022, 11:12:18 pm »
@libertybele

@Right_in_Virginia @libertybele

Do NOT confuse these people with facts!

ALL they are interested in is making sure everyone knows that Trump is a rude orange man.

Well,I have also heard rumors that his feet stink and he doesn't love Jesus.

Not only that,but I have read reports that he sometimes drives faster than the speed limit.

Oh,and let's not forget that he is also rich,and once bribed someone to let him go to the front of a line to buy movie tickets,the fiend!

He MUST be stopped!

Maybe we can get someone decent,like Jeb Bush to replace him?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2022, 11:22:23 pm »

Bet that Trump is doing a Hillary on DeSantis.  Trump is a sick bastard
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2022, 11:23:00 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia @libertybele

Do NOT confuse these people with facts!

ALL they are interested in is making sure everyone knows that Trump is a rude orange man.

Well,I have also heard rumors that his feet stink and he doesn't love Jesus.

Not only that,but I have read reports that he sometimes drives faster than the speed limit.

Oh,and let's not forget that he is also rich,and once bribed someone to let him go to the front of a line to buy movie tickets,the fiend!

He MUST be stopped!

Maybe we can get someone decent,like Jeb Bush to replace him?

Save it @sneakypete  the Bush b.s. and the Orange bad man accusations are worn out.

I have acknowledged that Trump was a great president and supported him throughout his presidency for the most part.  I also realize what he was up against during his presidency with the DEMS and the RINO's.

All I am saying is that he is WRONG to go after a very popular conservative governor.  He'll need FL to win and that's not going to happen if he keeps laying into Ron, especially when he hasn't even announced he's running.

Yes, I think Trump's time has come and gone. Since he's announced his run, the only ones that I believe will oppose him are Pence, Mittens and other RINO's.  The last thing we need is him taunting true conservatives; that will only split the base and hand the the WH to the DEMS.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2022, 11:26:40 pm »
From the article:
"at least according to this former prisoner, DeSantis signed off on him being forcibly fed “Ensure” while he was on a hunger-strike. Yes, you read that right. The rockstar governor’s grave sin, if it’s even true, was saving a man’s life who was trying to commit suicide."

I would have let the prisoner starve.
Good riddance.

(this thread is not supposed to be about Mr. Trump)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2022, 11:40:31 pm »
Save it @sneakypete  the Bush b.s. and the Orange bad man accusations are worn out.

I have acknowledged that Trump was a great president and supported him throughout his presidency for the most part.  I also realize what he was up against during his presidency with the DEMS and the RINO's.

All I am saying is that he is WRONG to go after a very popular conservative governor.  He'll need FL to win and that's not going to happen if he keeps laying into Ron, especially when he hasn't even announced he's running.

Yes, I think Trump's time has come and gone. Since he's announced his run, the only ones that I believe will oppose him are Pence, Mittens and other RINO's.  The last thing we need is him taunting true conservatives; that will only split the base and hand the the WH to the DEMS.

@libertybele

You DO know he is rude,right?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2022, 11:52:15 pm »
@libertybele

Rude, orange, bully, whatever.  He was a good president, but his time has come and gone -- that's just my opinion.

Offline berdie

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2022, 12:00:07 am »
@libertybele

I think most people know he is rude. But sadly, to be electable (at this stage of the game) , he needs to tone it down.

He won't pull in voters unless he does.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2022, 12:15:14 am »
Bet that Trump is doing a Hillary on DeSantis.  Trump is a sick bastard

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2022, 12:37:05 am »
News to me. Do you know for a fact that DeSantis himself directed/orchestrated that robo call??

@libertybele

Does it matter if RDS "orchestrated' it or was following McConnell's instructions?  He recorded the call  ---- and it was a deliberate provocation.

DeSantis recorded a robocall advertisement for O'Dea, touting the candidate as the right choice for Senate in Colorado.

"America needs strong leadership and desperately. That's why I'm endorsing Joe O'Dea for US Senate. Colorado, please vote for Joe O'Dea," DeSantis says in the recorded message O'Dea posted on Twitter. "I've watched Joe from a distance. And I'm impressed."

O'Dea, a center-right candidate, has voiced his disapproval of Trump and previously said he would not like to see Trump as president again.

"I think that seeing a Biden-Trump rematch again in 2024 would rip the country apart," O'Dea said on "The Ross Kaminsky Show" in August. "I think a lot of people are ready to move our country forward. So, I wouldn't support him running again."

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-calls-desantis-endorsement-of-anti-trump-republican-big-mistake-2022-10

Offline libertybele

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2022, 01:24:10 am »
@libertybele

Does it matter if RDS "orchestrated' it or was following McConnell's instructions?  He recorded the call  ---- and it was a deliberate provocation.

Perhaps he was not following McConnell's instructions but merely backing the candidate that he liked and thought could win??  I know you see it as an attack against Trump, but I certainly don't see it that way.  O'Dea doesn't like Trump but that doesn't mean that O'Dea is bad for the country. Nor does it mean that DeSantis is against Trump.

As a note, I like DeSantis and he is very popular, but I think he needs to be watched and not just given a free pass. I've stated that before.

IF indeed DeSantis is marching in lock step with McConnell, then yes that is very concerning.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 01:30:55 am by libertybele »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2022, 01:33:23 am »
Perhaps he was not following McConnell's instructions but merely backing the candidate that he liked and thought could win?? 

No.  Not even a remote possility. 

I'm done with this.   :seeya: