Author Topic: Biden and Kerry cave UN climate reparations are here  (Read 167 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden and Kerry cave UN climate reparations are here
« on: November 23, 2022, 01:15:32 pm »
Biden and Kerry cave UN climate reparations are here

By Craig Rucker |November 23rd, 2022

UN climate negotiators have been talking about “loss and damage,” a concept that would make you liable when bad weather strikes developing nations, since the Bali action plan in 2007.

This amounts to developed nations accepting liability for extreme weather they did not cause.  Naturally developing nations, the hard climate Left, UN bureaucrats, and businesses seeking to cash in, have been salivating over this.  Europe and the U.S. have been rightly blocking “loss and damage” at every year’s UN climate conference — until now.

A coalition of 130 nations, egged on by China, introduced a draft plan for loss and damage at COP 27 in Egypt.  This year it passed, despite U.S. climate envoy John Kerry’s recent statement that, “it’s a well-known fact that the United States and many other countries will not establish . . . some sort of legal structure that is tied to compensation or liability. That’s just not happening.”

https://www.cfact.org/2022/11/23/biden-and-kerry-cave-un-climate-reparations-are-here/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=biden-and-kerry-cave-un-climate-reparations-are-here
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Biden and Kerry cave UN climate reparations are here
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 02:10:11 pm »
Aside from the legalities of these two trying to commit funds from the taxpayers to any foreign payments without at least some sort of treaty...(revenue measures originate in the House, Constitutionally).

When those countries suffer the slings and arrows of natural (and even man-made) disasters, who is one of the firstest with the mostest to help them out?

If this sticks, I will not donate to any charity that spends a dime in any of these countries, nor to any relief efforts if they suffer disaster. That includes volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, tsunamis, and the host of nasty things that can happen that have nothing whatsoever to do with climate.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis