Author Topic: AFR: 10 Climate Disasters in 5 Years Cost $1.5 Trillion  (Read 153 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AFR: 10 Climate Disasters in 5 Years Cost $1.5 Trillion
« on: November 23, 2022, 12:37:55 pm »
AFR: 10 Climate Disasters in 5 Years Cost $1.5 Trillion
6 hours ago Eric Worrall 8 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

AFR vaguely claims that climate change is making weather related disasters worse – but make no attempt to present evidence to back this claim.

These 10 climate disasters cost $1.5 trillion in just five years

Reuters
Nov 22, 2022 – 8.58am

Climate change has raised the cost of natural disasters, as rising sea levels and drought increase the frequency and severity of flooding and wildfires, insurers and risk modelling experts say.

The cost of the 10 most expensive events of the last decade adds up to more than $US1 trillion ($1.5 trillion). All of them occurred in the last five years.

The biggest losses are usually in richer countries with more expensive assets – the 2019-2020 bushfires in Australia are third on the list with a cost of $US110 billion ($167 billion). But developing countries such as Pakistan, which suffered flooding this year that cost an estimated $US40 billion also bear the brunt of damaging weather. The list was provided to Reuters by risk modelling firm RMS.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/11/22/afr-10-climate-disasters-in-5-years-cost-1-5-trillion/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson