Author Topic: US-made Patriot SAM systems will passively join the Ukraine war  (Read 104 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US-made Patriot SAM systems will passively join the Ukraine war
« on: November 23, 2022, 12:04:48 pm »
BULGARIANMILITARY.COM
US-made Patriot SAM systems will passively join the Ukraine war
By Boyko Nikolov on November 22,

WARSAW ($1=4.58 Polish Zlotys) — On November 15, two rockets [according to some sources three] fell on the territory of Poland. They caused the death of two Polish civilians. They also caused material damage. The first hours after the incident, designated as such by Polish President Mr. Andrzej Duda, were tense because Poland is a NATO member country. This sparked controversial comments from across the political spectrum, with some talking about getting NATO involved in the war in Ukraine. The speech of the President of Ukraine Mr. Volodymyr Zelensky was in this tone.

The investigation into the incident is still ongoing. The aim is to find out who is responsible for the incident in Poland. For now, according to official Polish authorities, the missiles are Russian-made. In this regard, the next day, November 16, Poland convened an extraordinary meeting of NATO ambassadors. Warsaw activates Article 4, which provides for analysis, discussions, and a decision on what to do in the future. The activation of Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty was very close to happening if Poland had judged that the launched missiles exploded in Poland with a deliberate attack. Later that day, Mr. Duda announced that regardless of who fired the rockets, Poland believed it was an accident and not intentional.

Poland has requested that the skies above Poland be even better protected. Thus, NATO members have agreed to guarantee this security. American-made air defense systems will be deployed in Poland. These are MIM-104 Patriot, official sources confirm. The systems will be delivered from Germany. According to the Polish Minister of Defense, Mr. Mariusz Blaszczak, Germany has confirmed its commitment “to deploy Patriot launchers”. Mr. Blaszczak added, in an interview with Polish media, that the terms of delivery of the systems and their deployment are currently being specified.

https://bulgarianmilitary.com/amp/2022/11/22/us-made-patriot-sam-systems-will-passively-join-the-ukraine-war/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson