Author Topic: BREAKING:Supreme Court orders Trump's tax returns to be turned over to House Democrats  (Read 1685 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
November 22, 2022 2:51pm EST
Supreme Court orders Trump's tax returns to be turned over to House Democrats
Trump and his legal team had filed asking the Supreme Court to block the release of his tax records

By Brooke Singman , Bill Mears , Shannon Bream | Fox News

The Supreme Court on Tuesday ordered the handover of former President Trump’s tax returns to the House Ways and Means Committee. 

Last month, Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts granted a stay, temporarily blocking the former president from having to turn over his tax records to Democrats on the House Ways and Means Committee.

Trump and his legal team had filed asking the Supreme Court to block the release of his tax records. 

But on Tuesday, Roberts formally denied the request.

"The application for stay of the mandate presented to The Chief Justice and by him referred to the Court is denied," the order states. "The order heretofore entered by The Chief Justice is vacated."

The House Ways and Means Committee first requested six years of Trump's tax returns in 2019.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/supreme-court-orders-trumps-tax-returns-turned-over-house-democrats
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
So much for:

Fourth Amendment"

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online cato potatoe

Why can’t he just release the returns like every other candidate for President?  Yes a rhetorical question, as I know he is crazy.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I honestly don't get it.

WHAT entitles them to Trump's tax returns,and WHY would the SC order Trump to turn them over?

Technically,he is not even a political figure anymore,and even political figures have a right to privacy about business deals they completed before entering politics UNLESS it has been proven they committed criminal acts.

What the SC is allowing the Dims to do now is search for evidence of wrongdoing by a private citizen and his accountants that has nothing to do with politics.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Why can’t he just release the returns like every other candidate for President?  Yes a rhetorical question, as I know he is crazy.

@cato potatoe

He is a candidate for President now?

When did he announce he was running,and when did the Dims start demanding his financial records?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@cato potatoe

BTW,are you trying to claim that Biden released all his tax records?

Offline Kamaji

So much for:

Fourth Amendment"

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

It has nothing to do with the Fourth Amendment.

Offline Kamaji

I honestly don't get it.

WHAT entitles them to Trump's tax returns,and WHY would the SC order Trump to turn them over?

Technically,he is not even a political figure anymore,and even political figures have a right to privacy about business deals they completed before entering politics UNLESS it has been proven they committed criminal acts.

What the SC is allowing the Dims to do now is search for evidence of wrongdoing by a private citizen and his accountants that has nothing to do with politics.

IRC § 6103 generally governs the confidentiality and disclosure of tax returns and tax return information.  IRC § 6103(f)(1) specifically provides that
Upon written request from the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the Committee on Finance of the Senate, or the chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request, except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.

So the Ways and Means Committee is entitled, upon request, to get anyone's tax returns, including former President Trump's returns.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
It has nothing to do with the Fourth Amendment.

Like hell it doesn't!

IRC § 6103 generally governs the confidentiality and disclosure of tax returns and tax return information.  IRC § 6103(f)(1) specifically provides that

"Upon written request from the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the Committee on Finance of the Senate, or the chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request, except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure."

Which itself is a gross violation of the fourth amendment! Just like the entire Income tax scheme is.

"A hand from Washington will be stretched out and placed upon every man's business; the eye of the Federal inspector will be in every man's counting house. The law will, of necessity, have inquisitorial features, it will provide penalties. It will create complicated machinery. Under it, businessmen will be hauled into courts distant from their homes. Heavy fines imposed by distant and unfamiliar tribunals will constantly menace the taxpayer. An army of Federal inspectors, spies, and detectives will descend upon the state. They will compel men of business to show their books and disclose the secrets of their affairs. They will dictate forms of bookkeeping. They will require statements and affidavits..."

Richard E. Byrd, Speaker of the Virginia House of Delegates, March 3, 1910, speaking against the ratification of the 16th Amendment

« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 11:29:52 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DB

So the Ways and Means Committee is entitled, upon request, to get anyone's tax returns, including former President Trump's returns.

Well it is illegal to leak those documents but you can bet they will be - with zero consequences. It is simply organized crime these days - and they don't care that it is blatant in your face corruption. The ends justify the means. Whatever it takes. There is no shame anymore.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hopefully Trump can delay until the new Congress takes control...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Or Kamala, or Pelosi, or Schumer?
Democrats are more than willing to turn over 'some information' regarding taxes because they know beforehand that the IRS will never touch them. The IRS has become a wing of the DNC since Lois Lerner. The only attack Republicans, or anyone who does not bow before the Democrat Party.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Kamaji

Like hell it doesn't!

Which itself is a gross violation of the fourth amendment! Just like the entire Income tax scheme is.

"A hand from Washington will be stretched out and placed upon every man's business; the eye of the Federal inspector will be in every man's counting house. The law will, of necessity, have inquisitorial features, it will provide penalties. It will create complicated machinery. Under it, businessmen will be hauled into courts distant from their homes. Heavy fines imposed by distant and unfamiliar tribunals will constantly menace the taxpayer. An army of Federal inspectors, spies, and detectives will descend upon the state. They will compel men of business to show their books and disclose the secrets of their affairs. They will dictate forms of bookkeeping. They will require statements and affidavits..."

Richard E. Byrd, Speaker of the Virginia House of Delegates, March 3, 1910, speaking against the ratification of the 16th Amendment

Neither is a violation of the Fourth Amendment. 

Offline Kamaji

Well it is illegal to leak those documents but you can bet they will be - with zero consequences. It is simply organized crime these days - and they don't care that it is blatant in your face corruption. The ends justify the means. Whatever it takes. There is no shame anymore.

Probably. 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Neither is a violation of the Fourth Amendment.

So, you think it's OK for certain committees to have power to drag anyone's confidential information before those committees and go fishing.  Interesting @Kamaji .

I vehemently disagree.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

On Jan 9, after five Democrats have been kicked off the House Ways & Means committee and replaced with five Republicans, the new Chairman Kevin Brady can subpoena Joe Biden for his tax records.  And the US Supreme Court will have already set the precedent.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
On Jan 9, after five Democrats have been kicked off the House Ways & Means committee and replaced with five Republicans, the new Chairman Kevin Brady can subpoena Joe Biden for his tax records.  And the US Supreme Court will have already set the precedent.

Kevin Brady has retired and won't be there to do anything.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online cato potatoe

He has released several years of returns.  I won't vouch for their accuracy. 

You have to admit it is odd that, of all the personal crap Donald shares with us, a 1040 isn't included in that pile.  What could possibly be on there?

Offline DB

You have to admit it is odd that, of all the personal crap Donald shares with us, a 1040 isn't included in that pile.  What could possibly be on there?

That he isn't a billionaire.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Does his returns include the 10% on all Hunter's deals I wonder..
Support the USO

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@cato potatoe

I dunno,and seriously doubt he knows. Probably has dozens of different accounting firms handling his taxes.

Are the Dims and their RINO Butt-Buddies going to find irregularities? You bet your bippy they are!
It would be impossible for any tax bill that complex that is handled by so many different accounting officers to be in agreement on everything.

So,what IS found will be blown all out of proportion in order to give the left and their RINO pals spontaneous orgasms from just thinking about "Rude Orange Man getting it in the rear!"

Offline libertybele

They have been after his tax returns for years.  What do they expect to find? Even if he isn't as rich as he proclaims to be, so what?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

A 1040 won't show much; capital gains, losses, income, tax payout

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

Does his returns include the 10% on all Hunter's deals I wonder..

No.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Kevin Brady has retired and won't be there to do anything.

Who's next in line?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-