Author Topic: Schiff: Pence Won’t Testify Before January 6 Committee Because ‘He Doesn’t Want to Alienate the Trum  (Read 619 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schiff: Pence Won’t Testify Before January 6 Committee Because ‘He Doesn’t Want to Alienate the Trump Base’

Jeff Poor 22 Nov 2022

Monday on MSNBC’s “All In,” Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) claimed former Vice President Mike Pence’s refusal to testify for the soon-to-be-defunct January 6 Committee because he was going to run for president and did not want to “alienate” the so-called Trump base.

“Why do you think he’s wrong when he says Congress has no right to his testimony?” MSNBC host Chris Hayes said.

“Because it’s — you know, at its base, the most basic, it’s not about what Congress has a right to — indeed, we do have a right to his testimony,” Schiff replied. “It’s what is his responsibility to the public and to the country. Former presidents have come and testified before Congress, certainly, a former vice president can.”

“But as you say, no, it’s more important for him to sell his book,” he continued. “It’s really basically his following the John Bolton model. I can’t come in to testify before Congress for some fictitious reason, but I can put it all in a book and make money from it. You know, look, we have to view everything Mike Pence says and does right now through the prism of two things, he wants to run for president. He doesn’t want to alienate the Trump base any more than he has to. And this is his way of walking that line.

But it really is a disservice to the country. And for him to parade this as some kind of a sanctimonious decision that they have no right to my testimony doesn’t, of course, answer the question, does he have a responsibility to the country? Certainly, if he wanted to testify, he could. And he is withholding that from the American people.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/11/22/schiff-pence-wont-testify-before-january-6-committee-because-he-doesnt-want-to-alienate-the-trump-base/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Really, Pence won't testify before the J6 kangaroo court because he doesn't want to alienate the Trump base that wouldn't vote for him anyway? If Pence is so concerned about it than why is he bad mouthing and accusing Trump of trying to make him violate the constitution on every liberal media outlet that will have him. So once again this is just the Schiffter spouting schifft.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 05:56:28 pm by GtHawk »

Offline Kamaji

Offline libertybele

Pence is a traitor and a loser. He'll certainly be a GOPe contender for '24.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Too late, Mikey.  Too late.

Offline EdinVA

So why doesn't pence deserve the same wrath that schiff has wrought on the others that would not testify?

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Monday on MSNBC’s “All In,” Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) claimed former Vice President Mike Pence’s refusal to testify for the soon-to-be-defunct January 6 Committee because he was going to run for president and did not want to “alienate” the so-called Trump base.

Hold it, the Trump faithful now take the word of Schiff as gospel... odd since this was the VP their hero Trump hand picked (only the best)... basically the only thing Pence did his whole term was nod what standing nearly at attention when Trump talked and didn't contest the election results.

Perhaps Pence ticked off the fan base when he admitted he likes to honor his wife by not doing meetings with other women without others being around to prevent gossip (hurt his marriage w/ scandal rumors). I actually admired that to be honest.

Position wise I think Pence is for the most part is luke-warm and likes to play the part of being a conservative without committing to actually fighting for any issue that might soot his pearly white gloves. He was perfect for the position of populist puppet.

But whatever you thought of him (if you even bothered to think twice about someone that didn't mind being a doormat for Trump).... Pence for the most part knew how to weasel talk himself out of a corner, so I doubt that Schiff (the liar) can be trusted to paint an accurate assessment of his refusal to appear before the clown committee.

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....