Author Topic: ‘Prep course’ for low-performing recruits may expand: Army secretary An Army official said Fort Benn  (Read 131 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Prep course’ for low-performing recruits may expand: Army secretary
An Army official said Fort Benning could be next to get the course
By Davis Winkie
 Nov 21, 05:13 PM

The Army is set to expand its pre-basic training course for applicants who don’t initially meet the service’s body fat or academic standards, and possibly add an at-home virtual academic option for future trainees, its top civilian official said Friday.

“I think we’re going to expand that program to other locations,” said Army Secretary Christine Wormuth in an interview at the Center for a New American Security, Washington, D.C.-based think tank. “We have more young Americans who want to do it than we can accommodate right now at Fort Jackson.”

The service began the Future Soldier Preparatory Course at Fort Jackson, South Carolina, in August in an effort to bolster recruiting numbers amid one of its greatest volunteer shortfalls since the draft ended in 1973. The service missed its fiscal 2022 recruiting goal of 60,000 troops by 25%, only securing 45,000 new enlistments.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2022/10/02/army-misses-recruiting-goal-by-15000-soldiers/
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 05:28:28 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Educate those boys and girls!  Ignorant dumb*sses belong in congress, not the military! :amen:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson