Author Topic: MPI issues devastating report on low-income migrants  (Read 153 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MPI issues devastating report on low-income migrants
« on: November 22, 2022, 01:06:41 pm »
MPI issues devastating report on low-income migrants

By David North on November 22, 2022
The pro-open borders Migration Policy Institute, here in Washington, has just released a grim and thorough report on low-income migrants which is much stronger in its description of the problem than it is in suggesting possible solutions to it.

It says that low-income migrants (legal and illegal) amount to about one-third of all foreign-born; it defines them as individuals in families making less than 200% of the federal poverty level, an appropriate definition. In 2019, the federal poverty threshold was $16,521 for a family of two and $26,172 for a family of four.

The study is based on U.S. census data, more specifically on the American Community Survey of 2019. It finds that there were a whopping 14,799,000 of them. It uses the euphemism “immigrants” which suggests legal presence, when, as MPI notes later, at least a third of this population is here illegally.

Since the database relates to 2019 the study does not include (or even mention) the millions of illegal aliens that have entered this country in the last couple of years. Hence, if anything, it understates the problems caused by this population.

https://cis.org/North/MPI-issues-devastating-report-lowincome-migrants
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson