General Category > Crime And Punishment

Grandfather of Oklahoma Teen Killed by Homeowner in Burglary Says AR-15 Made for ‘Unfair’ Fight

(1/5) > >>

mystery-ak:
Grandfather of Oklahoma Teen Killed by Homeowner in Burglary Says AR-15 Made for ‘Unfair’ Fight
November 18, 2022

by Jim Clayburn | RNN

Three Oklahoma teenagers were killed when they broke into a house and were met by a homeowner with an AR-15. Now the grandfather of one of the teenagers is speaking out about his grandson’s death.

According to KTUL-TV, Leroy Schumacher, grandfather of 17-year-old Jacob Redfearn, believes the death of Redfearn was unjustified because the homeowner’s AR-15 gave him an unfair advantage over the three burglars.

Speaking to KTUL, Schumacher acknowledged that breaking into a house was “stupid,” but death was not the appropriate consequence.

“What these three boys did was stupid,” Schumacher said. “They knew they could be punished for it but they did not deserve to die.”

“Brass knuckles against an AR-15? C’mon. Who was afraid for their life?” Schumacher said.

The homeowner who pulled the trigger has not been charged with any crimes because police say he acted in self-defense. But Schumacher reinterated his belief that the consequences literally did not fit the crime.

“There’s got to be a limit to that law, I mean he shot all three of them — there was no need for that,” he told KTUL.

more
https://rightnewsnow.org/2022/11/18/grandfather-of-oklahoma-teen-killed-by-homeowner-in-burglary-says-ar-15-made-for-unfair-fight/

LMAO:
I understand this fellas feelings as he's the grandfather and it was his grandson

But the homeowner doesn't know the intent of the burglars and three of them against him is a mismatch

EdinVA:
You lose fair fights......

mountaineer:
I don't own one myself, but suspect one good reason to have an AR-15 Is to have just such an advantage over some idiot posing a threat to your safety.

sneakypete:
Da poor bay-bay!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version