Author Topic: Garland's special counsel appointment more sinister than just Getting Trump  (Read 247 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
November 19, 2022
Garland's special counsel appointment more sinister than just Getting Trump
By Monica Showalter

Even as the nakedly political aspect of Attorney General Merrick Garland's naming of a a special counsel to investigate President Trump is obvious enough, there are some puzzling aspects.

Why, for example, is the Biden administration doing this after all of the ongoing investigations against President Trump have manifestly failed? Garland claimed that both aspects of the special counsel's investigation would focus on President Trump, one of which would be his role in the January 6 incident at the Capitol, and the other on his personal papers dispute dating from the FBI raid on Mar-a-Lago last August. January 6 has been investigated ad nauseum by Trump's biggest opponents in Congress and come up empty, and just days ago, the FBI sheepishly admitted that its unprecedented SWAT-style raid on the former president's Mar-a-Lago home in search of stolen nuclear secrets hyped in the press was a nothingburger, they found nothing. (Wonder how much they paid their informant for that bum tip and who the heck put that scammer on payroll?) 

Obviously, they don't want these bids to fail, they don't want the January 6 commission to see its demise with the incoming Congress, and they desperately want their raid to be justified by a prosecutor who can find something, anything, to pin on Trump as he prepared to challenge Joe Biden for the presidency in 2024. Joe, who had to have had foreknowledge of this appointment, made it clear four days ago that the aim was not to find anything out regarding Trump, but to knock out a potential political rival, as he told a reporter at the G-7, declaring:  

Well, we just have to demonstrate that he will not take power by — if we — if he does run.  I’m making sure he, under legitimate efforts of our Constitution, does not become the next President again.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/11/garlands_special_counsel_appointment_more_sinister_than_just_getting_trump.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Well, we just have to demonstrate that he will not take power by — if we — if he does run.  I’m making sure he, under legitimate efforts of our Constitution, does not become the next President again.

“Legitimate efforts of our constitution?”

That ought to make republican and conservative critics of Trump ask themselves whether it’s wise to be politically aligned with Biden.  But, will it?

The more the establishment targets Trump, the more it makes me want to support him.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Where is the "principled conservtive" outrage?   :pondering:

Online roamer_1

Where is the "principled conservtive" outrage?   :pondering:

OK. I am outraged. Now what?
Something like the article opines perhaps?

Quote from: the article
But it's also likely to backfire. Just as Trump had nearly done himself in with his insults to Florida's hugely popular governor, Ron DeSantis, making himself look petty and jealous and maybe not so temperamentally suited to the job of president after all, Joe Biden steps in and shows who the real temperamentally unsuited president is. Biden's move is very likely to drive voters into the arms of Trump [...]

Sorry, @Right_in_Virginia , but that's not how critical thinking works.
That Biteme is temperamentally unsuited does not automatically mean Tumpy is, even if your argument is that Biteme is MORE temperamentally unsuited than Tumpy.

The bare fact is that BOTH are temperamentally unsuited for office.
BOTH are lacking in character.
A pox on both houses.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

OK. I am outraged. Now what?

You've preached your emotion from the top of your horse ----- so you're spent. I expect nothing more from you. 

Online roamer_1

You've preached your emotion from the top of your horse ----- so you're spent. I expect nothing more from you. 

@Right_in_Virginia
HAHAHAHA! Thanks for the ad hominem.
Shows you're out of bullets.  :seeya: