Author Topic: House GOP vs. the Pentagon: Get ready for the ‘woke’ wars  (Read 266 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
House GOP vs. the Pentagon: Get ready for the ‘woke’ wars
« on: November 21, 2022, 12:34:54 pm »
House GOP vs. the Pentagon: Get ready for the ‘woke’ wars
Empowered Republicans plan to rough up the brass over vaccine mandates, diversity initiatives and more.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy speaks.
“I’ve watched what the Democrats have done in many of these, especially in the NDAA and the wokeism that they want to bring in there,” Kevin McCarthy told reporters on Capitol Hill. | Samuel Corum/Getty Images

By CONNOR O’BRIEN

11/18/2022 05:44 PM EST

Republicans are six weeks away from taking over the House, but they’re already previewing a clash with the Pentagon over its Biden-era policies.

This week, would-be House Speaker Kevin McCarthy said Congress should delay the National Defense Authorization Act until next year, citing the need for the new majority to crack open the bill and try to roll back policies meant to make the service more inclusive.

“I’ve watched what the Democrats have done in many of these, especially in the NDAA and the wokeism that they want to bring in there,” McCarthy told reporters on Capitol Hill this week. “I actually believe the NDAA should hold up until the first of the year, and let’s get it right.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/11/18/house-gop-vs-the-pentagon-get-ready-for-the-woke-wars-00069557
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 12:35:40 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: House GOP vs. the Pentagon: Get ready for the ‘woke’ wars
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 12:37:22 pm »
I don't know - - - -

GOP leaders usually operate with alligator mouths and hummingbird *ssholes. :shrug: 
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 03:43:54 pm »
GOP wage war?   :silly:

Pillow fight maybe...

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2022, 10:58:55 pm »
I hope their actions speak a lot louder than their words,but I will believe it when I see it.

SEEMS to ME,that the professional pols in the alleged Republican Party LOVE to "talk a good game" to get elected,but never play the damn game.

Maybe because they don't want to lose "the game" as "political talking points",or maybe because they need to talk up issues like this in order to get more cash contributions in their offshore accounts,and have no intention of actually doing it.

I honestly hope I am wrong about ALL of this.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!