Author Topic: Army Secretary lays out plan to overcome the Army’s negative image and win over Generation Z  (Read 349 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army Secretary lays out plan to overcome the Army’s negative image and win over Generation Z

“They want community. They want purpose. They want what they’re doing to matter”

BY NICHOLAS SLAYTON | PUBLISHED NOV 19, 2022 1:29 PM

Secretary of the Army Christine Wormuth acknowledged that the Army has struggled to recruit from Generation Z. But on Friday, she laid out potential ways for the service branch to overcome young Americans’ doubts in the Army.

Stars and Stripes first reported on Wormuth’s comments. The Army Secretary was speaking at a dinner hosted by the think tank the Center for New American Security on Friday, Nov. 18. She laid out the challenges the Army was facing in recruiting. The Army had aimed to recruit 60,000 new soldiers in the previous fiscal year. It only got 45,000. The Army’s total force is approximately 465,000.

“It’s a pretty big shortfall,” Wormuth said, according to Stars and Stripes. The Army was facing a series of obstacles in making the service appealing. Some of those challenges have been clear for months. In May, Wormuth told Task & Purpose that the Army needed to do more to address concerns about assaults, sexual harassment and suicide within Army ranks.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/army-secretary-overcome-its-negative-image-generation-z/
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 12:22:35 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How about making it a military organization instead of a woke social experiment? :im waiting: 
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
It goes beyond wokism too...Joes are treated very poorly throughout the entire Army, with toxic "leadership" running amok at just about every base and every unit.  If anybody wants to know why retention and recruitment is in the crapper, just take a quick look at "U.S Army W.T.F! moments" social media pages, in which every stupid thing that happens on daily basis is posted, and often responded to by whatever embarrassed or enraged CoC is involved.

https://www.facebook.com/usawtfm

DD214s are golden these days!
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline EdinVA

Ivory Tower leadership.  Has never served in any branch of the military so any solution she comes up with will be purely academic word salad and miss the mark.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
In this clowns version of the Army instead of 'Be all you can be', they will have a slogan of 'Be whatever you want to be, no really', as long as it's not Christian, Conservative, Patriotic or Heterosexual.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 05:10:37 pm by GtHawk »

Online DB

They said masculine men were toxic so many masculine men stopped serving. They tend to be conservative.

Leftist hate the military and are too busy playing video games.

Duh.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
They said masculine men were toxic so many masculine men stopped serving.
Duh.

@DB

Seems so simple that even a femiinist should be able to understand it, doesn't it?

Hell,she probably did some whining about "toxic masculinity" in order to get the  job.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 09:47:07 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
From (back then):
"Be all you can be..."

To now:
"L ... G ... B ... T...!"