Author Topic: Why You Can’t Trust Crime Statistics  (Read 421 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Why You Can’t Trust Crime Statistics
« on: November 21, 2022, 12:53:41 am »
Lawrence Person's BattleSwarm Blog

https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=53365

Some leftists have asserted, despite all evidence, that crime rates in blue states are no higher than in red states. One for this illusion is that Soros-backed DAs game the statistics. Another is that in many deep blue cities, residents simply no longer report crime, because they know police won’t investigate the case or pursue suspects, and that even if suspects are apprehended, those same Soros-backed DAs will simply let them go without bail. Another is that, even if citizens try to make a complaint, the police will simply refuse to take it, believing it to be a waste of their time.

Here New York City-to-Austin transplant Louis Rossmann talks about the decay of the Big Apple from it’s Rudy Giuliani broken windows policing heyday to its current state of disorder, and why you can’t trust the statistics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u81XAyCLvJ4&t=1s

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Why You Can’t Trust Crime Statistics
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 03:00:04 am »
About the time weed was legalized in Denver, the police stopped responding to "minor" property crimes.

No paperwork, no record, no crime.

So, when a year had passed, there were those claiming that legal weed had had no effect on crime...

Not the first time the phenomenon has been brought to my attention.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Why You Can’t Trust Crime Statistics
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 03:11:18 am »
Figures don't lie but liars sure can figure!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien