Author Topic: The EV Boondoggle  (Read 649 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The EV Boondoggle
« on: November 22, 2022, 01:18:31 am »
Powerline 11/21/2022

Governments at both the federal and state levels tell us we are in the midst of a transition from internal combustion vehicles to electric vehicles. For a number of reasons, I don’t believe that is true, regardless of the level of bribery and coercion that governments bring to bear. I think the whole project will crash and burn, after doing enormous damage in the meantime. But the Wall Street Journal sheds light on how corrupt the EV project now is:

The transition to electric vehicles might not kill traditional auto makers after all—as long as they qualify for Washington’s flagship subsidy program.

At an investor day Thursday, General Motors laid bare the economics of its technological shift. The bad news: GM estimated that its operating margins on EVs would still only be in the low to mid-single digits at the end of 2025. That calculation includes sales of regulatory credits for greenhouse-gas emissions, but excludes new tax credits that President Biden signed into law in August as part of the Inflation Reduction Act.

GM also said its capital expenditures would rise to between $11 billion and $13 billion a year through 2025, from $9 billion to $10 billion this year, as it brings forward EV investments. Such numbers play into investors’ fears that Detroit is on a hugely expensive road to a technology that expensive battery metals will make less profitable for years to come.

More: https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2022/11/the-ev-boondoggle.php

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: The EV Boondoggle
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2022, 06:53:11 am »
Just curious, but what sort of drug smuggling opportunities can be had 'loading' parts of a battery that no one wants to mess with?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Re: The EV Boondoggle
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2022, 07:00:12 am »
Not wanting to blow the conspiracy trumpet too loudly, but just think how much a sinister  government who is trending in the way ours is can accomplish, when they can limit travel when said travel  to 200-300 miles and the availability of  220V plug.

That electrical cord might as well be our hangman's noose.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.