Author Topic: Diesel price increase affects trucking industry  (Read 735 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Diesel price increase affects trucking industry
« on: November 21, 2022, 12:15:14 am »
November 20, 2022 1:09pm EST
The industry is also seeing a shortage of truckers, which could contribute to higher prices at the stores for customers

By Joy Addison FOXBusiness

Nationwide, truckers and trucking companies have been dealing with the rising prices of diesel since this summer. They say they are seeing no sign of these prices coming down.

Chris Shelton is a driver for Lightning Logistics. He says his company added an extra charge for fuel that lowered his expenses, and it is the only thing keeping food on his family's table.

"It makes it harder and harder to budget yourself out each week," Shelton said.

Adam Wright owns Lightning Logistics and say’s he’s doing what he can to keep his drivers afloat.

"We had to go to our customers, and we had to say, ‘Look, this is a unique environment.' Fuel is through the roof now, so we had to go to our customers and put a fuel surcharge in place" Wright said.

And drivers like Shelton say this fuel surcharge saved his finances.

"Without a fuel surcharge, none of us would have been able to operate" Shelton says. 

According to AAA, one year ago a gallon of diesel fuel was $3.65, on average. Now, it is up to $5.33. Shelton says the high prices coupled with a trucker shortage are hurting the whole industry.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/diesel-price-increase-affects-trucking-industry
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Diesel price increase affects trucking industry
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 12:17:23 am »
November 20, 2022 1:09pm EST
The industry is also seeing a shortage of truckers, which could contribute to higher prices at the stores for customers

By Joy Addison FOXBusiness

Nationwide, truckers and trucking companies have been dealing with the rising prices of diesel since this summer. They say they are seeing no sign of these prices coming down.

Chris Shelton is a driver for Lightning Logistics. He says his company added an extra charge for fuel that lowered his expenses, and it is the only thing keeping food on his family's table.

"It makes it harder and harder to budget yourself out each week," Shelton said.

Adam Wright owns Lightning Logistics and say’s he’s doing what he can to keep his drivers afloat.

"We had to go to our customers, and we had to say, ‘Look, this is a unique environment.' Fuel is through the roof now, so we had to go to our customers and put a fuel surcharge in place" Wright said.

And drivers like Shelton say this fuel surcharge saved his finances.

"Without a fuel surcharge, none of us would have been able to operate" Shelton says.

According to AAA, one year ago a gallon of diesel fuel was $3.65, on average. Now, it is up to $5.33. Shelton says the high prices coupled with a trucker shortage are hurting the whole industry.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/diesel-price-increase-affects-trucking-industry

Last week diesel around here was $5.99. **nononono*
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 12:20:27 am »
Last week diesel around here was $5.99. **nononono*

Around here I’ve seen it over $6 a gallon.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2022, 12:27:01 am »
I just checked the Sam's near me and its $4.19.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2022, 12:39:20 am »
Planes, trains, and barge/ships too run on heavy fuels like diesel and kero.

It affects nearly all transportation.

And they darn well know it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2022, 01:44:34 am »
Planes, trains, and barge/ships too run on heavy fuels like diesel and kero.

It affects nearly all transportation.

And they darn well know it.
I pointed out this was the serious driver behind inflation (aside from printing money) because virtually everything that is shipped travels on diesel fuel, and virtually everything is shipped.

Biden & Co. did this, intentionally, and from day one.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2022, 02:36:01 am »
I pointed out this was the serious driver behind inflation (aside from printing money) because virtually everything that is shipped travels on diesel fuel, and virtually everything is shipped.

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2022, 03:15:38 am »

Yes they did. Yet somehow that continue to get votes?  Right.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2022, 05:29:51 am »
Yes they did. Yet somehow that continue to get votes?  Right.
Yabbut, they get votes from dirtworshippers who don't know what gender they are and who don't think they need gas because they ride the bus.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2022, 10:09:38 am »
Yabbut, they get votes from dirtworshippers who don't know what gender they are and who don't think they need gas because they ride the bus.

Or drive electric.