Author Topic: Dueling Investigations  (Read 148 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Dueling Investigations
« on: November 20, 2022, 08:29:08 pm »
Powerline 11/18/2022

Scott noted earlier that Merrick Garland has appointed a special counsel, Jack Smith, to torment Donald Trump. Garland said, I assume with a straight face:

It also allows prosecutors and agents to continue their work expeditiously, and to make decisions indisputably guided only by the facts and the law.

Indisputably! Right. Smith will be returning to Washington from The Hague, where he is “chief prosecutor for the special court.” That will be good training for his role as the Democratic Party’s agent in destroying Donald Trump. The Democrats have been planning on indicting Trump for a long time, and appointing a special counsel is part of their plan. It allows them to wash their hands of the investigation, pretending that impartial justice is simply taking its course.

For the record, Smith’s charge includes both the events of January 6, 2021, and the innocuous documents that Trump stashed in his Mar-a-Lago basement.

While obviously an act of political cynicism, the significance of this appointment should not be underestimated. I assume that Smith will be able to bring criminal charges against Trump in Washington, D.C., and it is almost a foregone conclusion that Trump will be convicted (of whatever the charges may be) by a hyperpartisan D.C. jury. In 2024, will Trump be the Republican nominee for president, or will he be trying to fight off a prison sentence? Or both?

More: https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2022/11/dueling-investigations.php

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Dueling Investigations
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2022, 11:25:14 pm »
"Merrick Garland has appointed a special counsel, Jack Smith, to torment Donald Trump"

Well, with a bit o' luck this "special counsel" will prove as effective as that other guy from the New Haven area.

Hmmm... that other guy has been so "effective" that I can't even remember what his name is...