Author Topic: As Biden turns 80, Americans ask 'What's too old?'  (Read 1001 times)

Offline libertybele

As Biden turns 80, Americans ask 'What's too old?'
« on: November 20, 2022, 08:14:23 pm »
What's too old? When you can't make coherent statements without mumbling.  When you can't remember which direction you need to go.  When you can't even use a teleprompter properly.   When you show continued signs of dementia.

When one becomes obviously mentally incapacitated it's too old to be President of the United States.  Joe needs to step down and should have never been sworn in, in the first place.

As Biden turns 80, Americans ask 'What's too old?'

Joe Biden turns 80 on Sunday, making him the first octogenarian president in U.S. history.

He is set to celebrate his birthday with a brunch hosted by his wife, Jill, a celebration that got an extra lift this weekend with his granddaughter's wedding at the White House on Saturday.

With Biden already the oldest person to serve as president, the 2024 race for the White House is shaping up to be uncharted territory for the United States. The nearly 250-year old democracy celebrates youth, but millions of Americans - including presidents - are now working well beyond the traditional retirement age of 65.

Ronald Reagan was 77 when he left the White House, but Biden would be 86 by the time a second four-year term ends, should he win it. His leading potential Republican opponent, Donald Trump, would be 82 when he left office if he won in 2024.

As a society, the United States is aging, and working until later in life. The 65-and-older population is projected to nearly double from 52 million in 2018 to 95 million by 2060. By 2026, more than one in four men over 65 will still be working, the nonprofit Population Reference Bureau projects...........

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden-turns-80-americans-ask-whats-too-old-2022-11-20/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

Re: As Biden turns 80, Americans ask 'What's too old?'
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2022, 08:16:39 pm »

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2022, 09:46:16 pm »
It's not his age, it's his mental condition. Lots of 80+ adults are sharp as tacks - Mr. M's 93 y/o cousin who still very successfully manages his investment portfolio comes to mind - while many younger folks have various forms of dementia. Joe Biden clearly has exhibited signs of mental decline, and shame on those who don't admit it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2022, 03:52:32 am »
It's not his age, it's Joe's brain damage from two aneurysms and the two surgeries to 'fix' them.  The second surgery triggered a massive bleed  ----- and the effort to stop it caused more damage than the aneurysm itself.

Everything else --- the lying, the wrong side of every interntional issue, the nastiness, the pedophilia  --- is classic Joe Biden.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2022, 03:45:13 pm »
Biden does not get an age pass.. he has always been stupid..

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2022, 04:41:59 pm »
It's not the age it's the dementia, all these liberals that screamed that Reagan was wasn't competent to remain President because of early onset dementia(they said) are all lined up to defend their resident who is almost at the incapacitated level of dementia because he is just a puppet.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2022, 10:10:51 pm »
It IS his age.  80 year olds should be retired, other than some part-time venture when their health is fair.  They should not be President of the United States.  This includes Trump, who sounds nothing like the man interviewed in the 1980s.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2022, 04:28:05 am »
People fight like hell, or a minion thereof, and then getting their way they want to endlessly bitch.  Couldn't be happy if you hung them with a new rope, neither would they change any of it!
 :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2022, 10:06:21 am »
Age? Not the problem, but physical/mental condition is. I have seen youngsters who can't deal with everyday mental tasks, and older folks (80s-90s) who are sharp as a tack.

I won't accept that there is a specific age at the top end,any more than I like the idea of limiting responsible and capable young people using an arbitrary number.

The people we want in the Oval Office are not average, but exceptional, regardless of their age. In Biden's case, he's just an exceptional crook.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2022, 12:46:37 pm »
It's not his age, it's Joe's brain damage from two aneurysms and the two surgeries to 'fix' them.  The second surgery triggered a massive bleed  ----- and the effort to stop it caused more damage than the aneurysm itself.

Everything else --- the lying, the wrong side of every interntional issue, the nastiness, the pedophilia  --- is classic Joe Biden.

Exactly!
For all you've given Lord, I stand amazed.
Salvation covers me, forever changed!
In all I could not be, You met every need!
My sin, my broken life, Your cross, Your sacrifice
My hopelessness, my shame, Your faithfulness,  Your grace
The greatest mystery, Your awesome love for me.

Online mountaineer

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2022, 01:36:59 am »
Smokin' Joe wrote:
"I won't accept that there is a specific age at the top end,any more than I like the idea of limiting responsible and capable young people using an arbitrary number."

I disagree, Joe.

The Constitution specifically includes "age discrimination" for the offices of Representative (25), Senator (30), and President (35). It's right there, on paper, baked-in, straight from The Founders to you.

For the same reasons, there should be age limits "at the other end" as well.

I would mandate a retirement age for federal judges and Supreme Court justices. Let's make that 72 years of age. On your 72nd birthday, you go "on pension".

For elected offices, I would qualify such positions to wit, that as part of the qualifications for such office a person must not be older than, say, 70 years of age at the date of being sworn in.

And, to get it passed, exempt any judge or elected officeholder from such requirements as of the time such rules become effective. "Grandfather" them in, so to speak. You got to do, what you got to do.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 02:45:34 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline rustynail

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2022, 06:20:14 pm »
Smokin' Joe wrote:
"I won't accept that there is a specific age at the top end,any more than I like the idea of limiting responsible and capable young people using an arbitrary number."

I disagree, Joe.

The Constitution specifically includes "age discrimination" for the offices of Representative (25), Senator (30), and President (35). It's right there, on paper, baked-in, straight from The Founders to you.

I would mandate a retirement age for federal judges and Supreme Court justices. Let's make that 72 years of age. On your 72nd birthday, you go "on pension".

For elected offices, I would qualify such positions to wit, that as part of the qualifications for such office a person must not be older than, say, 70 years of age at the date of being sworn in.

And, to get it passed, exempt any judge or elected officeholder from such requirements as of the time such rules become effective. "Grandfather" them in, so to speak. You got to do, what you got to do.

You make a very valid point @Fishrrman and I agree.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2022, 06:33:03 pm »
Smokin' Joe wrote:

I disagree, Joe.

:thumbsup:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2022, 08:56:41 pm »
BREAKING: Joe Biden calls for banning the sale of most handguns.
“The idea we still allow semi-automatic weapons to be purchased is sick.”
Does Biden Have Anything To Say About The Idaho Student Murders — Or Only Tragedies Involving Guns And Gays?
The Idaho college students’ deaths won’t help congressional Democrats push gun laws or score points with minorities or LGBT Americans.
By: Evita Duffy
November 23, 2022
The Federalist

... Since their deaths, heartbreaking old photos and TikTok videos have emerged of the young friends enjoying life and the college experience. The victims of this crime don’t check off any intersectional boxes. They were white college kids living in a flyover state. Their cause of death won’t help congressional Democrats push gun laws or score points with minorities or LGBT Americans. Publicly speaking about these murders and showing compassion for the victims and their families also won’t give them the benefit of blaming Republicans for somehow “inciting” violence.   ...

Offline rustynail

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2022, 09:24:07 pm »
Does Biden Have Anything To Say About The Idaho Student Murders — Or Only Tragedies Involving Guns And Gays?
The Idaho college students’ deaths won’t help congressional Democrats push gun laws or score points with minorities or LGBT Americans.
By: Evita Duffy
November 23, 2022
The Federalist

... Since their deaths, heartbreaking old photos and TikTok videos have emerged of the young friends enjoying life and the college experience. The victims of this crime don’t check off any intersectional boxes. They were white college kids living in a flyover state. Their cause of death won’t help congressional Democrats push gun laws or score points with minorities or LGBT Americans. Publicly speaking about these murders and showing compassion for the victims and their families also won’t give them the benefit of blaming Republicans for somehow “inciting” violence.   ...
They tried to get some traction with 'Combat Knife' and ka-bar but that does not seem to be going anywhere yet.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2022, 11:40:22 pm »
"Joe Biden has been lying and plagiarizing for decades.  He hasn’t changed a bit.'  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1595259569294516225