Author Topic: Republicans reconsider ballot harvesting and early voting amid midterm losses  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Kamaji

:bingo:
We are being played for suckers by people who do not care about ANYTHING other than power, money and winning control.

I would love to go back to the old and fair notions of civil discourse and electoral integrity.

But first, we need to defeat the crooks are running multiple scams while we impotently protest their lack of honesty to equally-corrupt "leaders" who could not care less.

What happened when a card game in the old West was found out to be dishonest? Yeah. And it worked. 

No need for guns. Yet. But we need to stand up and challenge the con men, one way or another.   

:thumbsup:

Offline roamer_1

No need for guns. Yet. But we need to stand up and challenge the con men, one way or another.

Then the fight is in the state legislatures and in the courts.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
potatoe bakes:
"But there is no way in hell this country will return to election day voting for 160 million people."

Then...
Let those who won't come out on election day stay home.
Simple as that.
Works for me.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
andy cautions:
"What happened when a card game in the old West was found out to be dishonest? Yeah. And it worked.
No need for guns. Yet. But we need to stand up and challenge the con men, one way or another."

You almost made that work, Andy.

There's only one way to get rid of the con men, and you know what that is.
See "The Battle of Athens", Tennessee, 1946, I think it was.

That's going to have to happen again, but this time, on a statewide level.
Or, perhaps a higher level than that.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cruz: GOP Needs to Use ‘Every’ Legal Tool to Turn out Votes

Ian Hanchett 23 Nov 2022

On Tuesday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “Hannity,” Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) responded to a question on whether Republican voters should stop avoiding early voting and voting by mail by stating that the GOP must use “every tool we can to turn out votes, every tool that is legal.”

Host Sean Hannity asked, [relevant exchange begins around 2:10] “This has been a very hard election to analyze, but I don’t think there’s any doubt, under the guise of COVID, voting has changed in this country. And it looks like the left and the Democrats are way more comfortable with mail-in balloting and early voting than conservatives and Republicans are. If I had my system, it would be Election Day is a national holiday, paper ballots. We’d had signature identification and voter I.D. We’d have partisan observers watch the voting, watch the vote counting that night. We’d call a winner like Canada does and the French do and Israel and Great Britain, all these other countries do. That’s not — that’s the system we want. It’s not the system we have. So, do Republicans and conservatives need to get over the reluctance and resistance to mail-in ballots and early voting that they seem to show?”

Cruz responded, “Well, listen, there’s no doubt that we need to use every tool we can to turn out votes, every tool that is legal.”

He later added that Republicans need to win elections like the Georgia Senate runoff to keep Democrats from implementing terrible voting rules nationwide.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/11/23/cruz-gop-needs-to-use-every-legal-tool-to-turn-out-votes/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34