Author Topic: Incredible images of the massive snowstorm in Western New York, Buffalo  (Read 1030 times)

Online libertybele

Wow. I haven't seen snow like that since I was a kid when we lived in Syracuse, NY.  (More photos at link)

Incredible images of the massive snowstorm in Western New York, Buffalo

Buffalo and other areas of Western New York have been hammered a November lake-effect snowstorm. Orchard Park, Elma, and Blasdell were the hardest hit, with all three reaching 4 feet of accumulation by 5 p.m. Friday.

Per the Buffalo News: Between Friday afternoon and when the storm ends Monday … the Buffalo area will get an additional 1 to 2 feet............

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/incredible-images-massive-snowstorm-western-003219200.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

Re: Incredible images of the massive snowstorm in Western New York, Buffalo
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2022, 10:22:21 pm »
National Guard activated amid deadly western New York snow storm that has dropped more than 6 feet of snow in region

New York Gov. Kathy Hochul announced the activation of the National Guard Saturday to help with clean up in the historic and deadly snow storm that battered parts of western New York.

About 70 National Guard members were deployed to the badly-impacted southtowns, or the southern portion of Erie County, home to Buffalo, Hochul told NBC News affiliate WGRZ.

Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz said the National Guard was on the ground Saturday afternoon to "pickup and deliver people whom require dialysis," according to a tweet.

Intense snowfall continued overnight in the region, hitting Buffalo hard, Daniel Neaverth, the Erie County Department of Homeland Security & Emergency Services Commissioner, said in a news conference Saturday. The rate of the snowfall is up to 3 inches per hour, he said.

The snowfall will continue to impact the Great Lakes region this weekend, with lake-effect snow, which occurs when arctic air races across the relatively milder waters of the Great Lakes.

Erie County received the brunt of the snowfall, where two men died on Friday after suffering “cardiac events” due to shoveling or snow blowing. In Orchard Park, southeast of Buffalo, almost 6 1/2 feet of snow had fallen by 7a.m. Saturday, according to the National Weather Service. Hamburg, where the roof of a house collapsed due to the weight of the heavy, wet snow, received over six feet of snow, while southwest Blasdell had over five feet of snow.............

https://www.yahoo.com/news/national-guard-activated-amid-deadly-205641661.html

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2022, 10:28:01 pm »
The Monster Buffalo Snowstorm Probably Set a Record. More Is on the Way.

The city is on track to break snowfall records set in 2014 with at least another six inches forecast to arrive Saturday night.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/19/nyregion/buffalo-ny-snowstorm-blizzard.html

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2022, 01:53:07 am »
I'm outside the snow band here, about 30 miles south of the worst of the damage. We're scheduled to get the remnants of it tomorrow. We'll get several inches but nothing like what they got in Hamburg or Orchard Park.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2022, 02:07:15 am »
I'm outside the snow band here, about 30 miles south of the worst of the damage. We're scheduled to get the remnants of it tomorrow. We'll get several inches but nothing like what they got in Hamburg or Orchard Park.

I was wondering about you @jmyrlefuller   I'm glad that you didn't get covered with 6' of snow.  I don't miss the cold, but powder snow can be quite beautiful especially when the sun shines on it.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2022, 02:12:54 am »
Wife tells of remembering storms like this, most this southerner has ever seen was 24" of snow back in 1993 (I think that was the year).
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2022, 02:18:45 am »
Wife tells of remembering storms like this, most this southerner has ever seen was 24" of snow back in 1993 (I think that was the year).

When we lived in Syracuse I used to love playing in the snow and I remember the snow reaching the railing of our back porch. Our job (us 4 kids) was to shovel snow. It wasn't bad because we would pile up the snow on either side of the driveway and then have snowball fights. As I grew older and actually had to scrape ice and snow off the car in order to get to work, I definitely no longer enjoyed the snow. 

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2022, 02:29:21 am »
While I have great sympathy for those that need to go about their daily lives I have to wonder where all the great globull warming Gaia worshipers are and what they have to say about this because I thought snow was supposed to be a thing of the past long ago. What say you AOC, AlGore and Brandon?

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2022, 02:30:12 am »
Here is a newsclip, I didn't listen to it, but watched it (fast forward) to see the incredible amount of snow.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/western-new-york-contends-with-record-snowfall/#x

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2022, 11:18:28 am »
While I have great sympathy for those that need to go about their daily lives I have to wonder where all the great globull warming Gaia worshipers are and what they have to say about this because I thought snow was supposed to be a thing of the past long ago. What say you AOC, AlGore and Brandon?
Actually, I have no fear of Global Warming. None. Zip. Zero.
Here's why:

It was promised to us by politicians.

They said the situation was desperate, even an 'emergency'.

They have failed to deliver it for thirty years, now, so I don't expect it any time soon, if ever.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2022, 05:58:30 pm »
Here's why:

They have failed to deliver it for thirty years, now, so I don't expect it any time soon, if ever.
Actually there have been politicians and others scaring us alternately with global warming and global cooling for many more years than 30, decades and more. My feeling is that I will take global warming seriously when I step outside and my beard starts to smolder happy77

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2022, 06:11:19 pm »
Here's why:

And yet, they got the money nonetheless.

Online libertybele

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2022, 08:01:06 pm »
36 Pictures That Show How Extremely Wild The Snow Is In Buffalo, New York

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/36-pictures-perfectly-capture-wild-003542740.html