Author Topic: Mayorkas Blames the Entire Western Hemisphere for Biden’s Border Crisis  (Read 237 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mayorkas Blames the Entire Western Hemisphere for Biden’s Border Crisis
Senator objects: “We can’t fix the problem unless we acknowledge it”

By Andrew R. Arthur on November 19, 2022

DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas appeared before the Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee this week at a hearing on “Threats to the Homeland”. Under questioning from Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio), Mayorkas denied there was a crisis at the Southwest border and blamed the entire Western Hemisphere for what’s happening there. As Portman explained, however, there is a crisis at the border, and “We can’t fix the problem unless we acknowledge it”. 

Portman’s Borrowed Questions. Shrewdly, Portman opted to use his five minutes of time to ask Mayorkas the same questions Border Patrol Chief Raul Ortiz was asked in a deposition by the Florida Attorney General’s office in late July. 

To summarize his responses, Chief Ortiz admitted that the president's border policies impose “no consequences” on migrants traveling into the United States illegally and are to blame for the unprecedented surge at the border and the release of hundreds of thousands into the interior of the country.

Florida’s questioning started more simply, however: “Would you agree, Chief Ortiz, that the southern border is currently in crisis?” Ortiz’s answer was equally simple: “Yes.”

https://cis.org/Arthur/Mayorkas-Blames-Entire-Western-Hemisphere-Bidens-Border-Crisis
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Mayorkas Blames the Entire Western Hemisphere for Biden’s Border Crisis
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2022, 06:49:06 pm »
I think it's all part of the "vast right-wing conspiracy." *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson