Author Topic: Maryland school district with LGBTQ book list rejected books promoting ‘American values’  (Read 206 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Maryland school district with LGBTQ book list rejected books promoting ‘American values’
By Jessica Chasmar, Fox News
November 19, 2022 1:03pm  Updated
ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED BY:
 Maryland school district unveils LGBTQ book list

School's sex-ed for 6th-graders describes girls as 'people with a vulva'
Union leaders responsible for school lockdowns face repercussions
A Maryland school district that recently unveiled an LGBTQ-inclusive book list for elementary schools has declined to recommend several children’s books on the basis that they promote “American values,” Fox News Digital has learned.

Fox News Digital first reported Tuesday that books recommended by Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS), Maryland’s most affluent school district, teach words like “intersex” and “drag queen” to children as young as 4.

Records later provided to Fox News Digital by Bethany Mandel, editor of the Heroes of Liberty book series, showed that MCPS recently declined to recommend three non-fiction children’s books that were donated to the school district by Heroes of Liberty Inc., which seeks to counter progressive literature favored by public schools.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/19/maryland-school-district-with-lgbtq-book-list-rejected-books-promoting-american-values/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Forget it, Jake.
It's Maryland...
(a big dose o' Vermont jes' south of the Mason-Dixon line...)