Author Topic: ‘Avalanche’ of immigrants preparing to enter US when Title 42 ban is lifted  (Read 199 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Avalanche’ of immigrants preparing to enter US when Title 42 ban is lifted

By MaryAnn Martinez
November 18, 2022 

Immigrants denied entry to the US are amassing on the Mexican side of the southern border, preparing for the end of Title 42, a pandemic-era policy that barred migrants from entering the country.

Venezuelan asylum seeker Samuel Guerra told The Post he plans to be among an “avalanche” of immigrants he predicts will enter the US.

He’s currently living in a tent city of mostly Venezuelans half a football field away from El Paso, Texas — with only the Rio Grande and Title 42 standing between him and the US.

A federal judge ended the Trump-era policy — used to kick out over 2.3 million immigrants from the country since its 2020 inception — on Tuesday.

The court gave the federal government a five-week deadline to close it, meaning it will officially end by Dec. 21.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/18/avalanche-of-immigrants-wait-to-enter-us-when-title-42-ends/
« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 06:11:30 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson