Author Topic: Baker-Polito Administration Files $139 Million Supplemental Budget to Address Emergency Temporary Sh  (Read 196 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Baker-Polito Administration Files $139 Million Supplemental Budget to Address Emergency Temporary Shelter Needs
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
11/18/2022

BOSTON — Governor Charlie Baker today filed a $139 million Fiscal Year 2023 (FY23) supplemental budget to support the Commonwealth’s response to substantially increased demand on the emergency assistance shelter system. The targeted funding and policy changes in this bill will provide resources to expand emergency shelter capacity to address an uptick in need for these services, which is driven in part by a recent increase in migrant entries to Massachusetts, due to federal immigration policy.

“Massachusetts’ emergency shelter system provides support for thousands of families each year, but a recent uptick in new migrant arrivals, coupled with a strained housing market have led to a need for greater capacity across the system,” said Governor Charlie Baker. “These expanded resources will help us quickly and effectively address this humanitarian crisis, especially as we enter the winter months. We look forward to working with our partners in the Legislature, the nonprofit community and local government as we all address this unprecedented challenge, which is unfortunately driven by the federal government’s inability to address our country’s immigration challenges.”

https://www.mass.gov/news/baker-polito-administration-files-139-million-supplemental-budget-to-address-emergency-temporary-shelter-needs
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Are these part time illegal aliens, sliding between Mejico and Taxachusetts looking for welfare?  I suppose that's why the assistance is only temporary. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson