Author Topic: Trump vs. DeSantis: How the two GOP heavyweights match up  (Read 3954 times)

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: Trump vs. DeSantis: How the two GOP heavyweights match up
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2022, 07:09:14 pm »
@Timber Rattler

The election math is only against him in the rabid minds of you and the other "Rude Orange Man Haters".

Rigggght....and that's why the Republican Party did sooooo well this past election?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2022, 07:41:12 pm »
To say you wouldn’t vote for _____ because he challenges Trump for the nomination is to proclaim yourself a cult member.  Nobody is owed the nomination.  DeSantis in particular is anything but a DC insider.  This is the most absurd argument emerging from the cult.  He is well to the right of the party platform … if anything, this would be the challenge in getting him elected.  True, his fundraising would be prolific, an ability sorely lacking in recent cycles.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2022, 07:44:43 pm »
Rigggght....and that's why the Republican Party did sooooo well this past election?

Proving some have no hope without voter fraud. 

« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2022, 07:54:25 pm »
DeSantis in particular is anything but a DC insider. 

As a top tier DC insider, no matter how desperately you want to believe this,  you couldn't be more wrong if you had plotted a strategy.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 07:57:00 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2022, 08:25:38 pm »
As a top tier DC insider, no matter how desperately you want to believe this,  you couldn't be more wrong if you had plotted a strategy.

@Right_in_Virginia you keep implying that DeSantis is a DC insider, but I have yet to see any solid proof.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2022, 08:43:18 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia you keep implying that DeSantis is a DC insider, but I have yet to see any solid proof.

I'm not implying it, I am stating it.  I have presented proof  ---- in fact you've argued wiith me over this several times on different threads.. Please @libertybele don't jump on me because you either don't remember or choose not to believe the information. 

Just agree to disagree and move on.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2022, 08:50:03 pm »
I'm not implying it, I am stating it.  I have presented proof  ---- in fact you've argued wiith me over this several times on different threads.. Please @libertybele don't jump on me because you either don't remember or choose not to believe the information. 

Just agree to disagree and move on.

That's quite a weak argument and I am not jumping on you @Right_in_Virginia, I'm simply waiting for you to back up your statements with some proof. You  haven't posted any valid information or proof that DeSantis is a DC insider.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2022, 08:52:53 pm »
That's quite a weak argument and I am not jumping on you @Right_in_Virginia, I'm simply waiting for you to back up your statements with some proof. You  haven't posted any valid information or proof that DeSantis is a DC insider.

I could repost everything, but you still won't like it and will conveniently forget it all over again.  So please, just stop here.@libertybele

« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 08:58:02 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2022, 08:59:33 pm »
I could repost everything, but you still won't like it and will conveniently forget it all over again.  So please, just stop here.@libertybele

What a crock. It's pretty hard to conveniently forget when it was never posted.  So yes, @Right_in_Virginia just stop.

:yawn2:

« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2022, 09:14:39 pm »
What a crock. It's pretty hard to conveniently forget when it was never posted. 

Information was still posted and debated by you  ------   even if your forgetfulness isn't "convienient'   @libertybele     :shrug:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2022, 09:20:16 pm »
Information was still posted and debated by you  ------   even if your forgetfulness isn't "convienient'   @libertybele     :shrug:

:thud:  What a flippin' crock and you know it.  Debates?  No, rather I continue to ask for your proof.  Hardly a debate.

:seeya:

« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2022, 09:32:29 pm »
:thud:  What a flippin' crock and you know it.  Debates?  No, rather I continue to ask for your proof.  Hardly a debate.

You've brought this conversation to the bottom of the jackassery pit. @libertybele

Offline libertybele

« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2022, 09:40:07 pm »
No actually you have and you know it. While I do find your attempts at gaslighting quite entertaining, I'm done.  Move along @Right_in_Virginia    :silly:
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 09:41:41 pm by libertybele »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2022, 10:16:45 pm »
Yeah, so what?  I like Mike Pence too.  He's got courage, and more importantly, integrity, which is a completely foreign concept to mob boss Trump.

??? Pence has integrity??  Please enlighten me. 

Offline Idiot

« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2022, 10:33:09 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia Please post a link to the info so we all can see.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2022, 10:37:29 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia Please post a link to the info so we all can see.

Most of it is on this thread IIRC @mrpotatohead perhaps a quick read through from the beginning is in order.

Edit to add: I have dismissed the entire Media wet dream premise (Trump vs DeSantis) so I'm not partaking of any of it.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 10:40:20 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idiot

« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2022, 10:45:53 pm »
Most of it is on this thread IIRC @mrpotatohead perhaps a quick read through from the beginning is in order.

Edit to add: I have dismissed the entire Media wet dream premise (Trump vs DeSantis) so I'm not partaking of any of it.

Thanks @Bigun I'll try to find it.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2022, 10:57:20 pm »
Rattler rattled off with:
"That was in 2016.  This will be in 2024.  A lot has changed"

Indeed.
The Party's "underground election apparatus" will be working better than ever in the critical states of Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Arizona (who just won the governorships in those four states?) and also Georgia.

More rattlin':
"the 2020 census and re-districting changed the entire political landscape across the country.  So how does he win again?"

Not sure if he can, to be honest. I'd say no better than 50-50, and that's only if those on the right can sufficiently expose and thwart The Party's election apparatus in the above states.

But of one thing I'm CERTAIN:
Mr. Trump is perhaps the only Republican who can lead the fight to overcome the fraud machine in '24.
And he's still got the best chance of winning.

Mr. DeSantis... a long shot, but still possible.

The "rest of them"?
Furgheddaboutit.

Take 30 seconds to read my predictions, posted here on October 17, 2020:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,417203.msg2305819.html#msg2305819

Online Timber Rattler

« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2022, 11:06:22 pm »
??? Pence has integrity??  Please enlighten me.

He stood up to Trump, despite enormous pressure, and refused to intervene illegally in the formal counting and certifying of electoral votes on January 6, 2021, just so that Trump could illegally stay President.

But you knew that.

Pence details fracture with Trump over his refusal to overturn 2020 election in new book

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/15/politics/mike-pence-book-trump-january-6

Vice President Refused to Leave Capitol Complex

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/national-international/vice-president-refused-to-leave-capitol-complex/3079276/

aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

Offline libertybele

« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2022, 11:21:52 pm »
He stood up to Trump, despite enormous pressure, and refused to intervene illegally in the formal counting and certifying of electoral votes on January 6, 2021, just so that Trump could illegally stay President.

But you knew that.

Pence details fracture with Trump over his refusal to overturn 2020 election in new book

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/15/politics/mike-pence-book-trump-january-6

Vice President Refused to Leave Capitol Complex

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/national-international/vice-president-refused-to-leave-capitol-complex/3079276/

Just because Pence wrote a book doesn't mean its content is accurate.  Secondly, the VP can't overturn an election.  Cruz raised an objection during the process based on voter fraud allegations right before the insurrection and that objection was consequently never heard. Pence was in on the insurrection and you will never convince me otherwise that he wasn't.

Online Timber Rattler

« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2022, 11:23:36 pm »
Pence was in on the insurrection and you will never convince me otherwise that he wasn't.

That's conspiracy theory nonsense.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2022, 11:24:52 pm »
That's conspiracy theory nonsense.

Believe what you want.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2022, 01:02:07 am »
To say you wouldn’t vote for _____ because he challenges Trump for the nomination is to proclaim yourself a cult member.  Nobody is owed the nomination.  DeSantis in particular is anything but a DC insider.  This is the most absurd argument emerging from the cult.  He is well to the right of the party platform … if anything, this would be the challenge in getting him elected.  True, his fundraising would be prolific, an ability sorely lacking in recent cycles.

Made worse by stating you'll vote for the Democrat ticket if Trump is not the nominee
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 01:05:45 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2022, 02:26:26 am »
BTW,both Stalin and Hitler had courage and integrity.

Neither Stalin nor Hitler had integrity.  And their courage was only from the point of a gun.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2022, 05:45:07 am »

Well, I suppose Paul Ryan would prefer DeSantis or anyone viable at this point.  He’s tired of watching you people give elections to the left and then wallow in your persecution complex. 

If you were honest you would admit that Donald Trump bathed himself in the swamp.  We all lived through his mess of a term.  Look at the people he chose.  He exploded the debt by giving away helicopter cash to any business that would take it.  He sainted Anthony Fauci and bloated the pharmaceutical industry.  Lots of tax benefits for the corporations.  The military-industrial complex was happier than ever.  He wanted to give a few trillion to “infrastructure” contractors but his time ran out.  And I’m certain that nothing inured to the benefit of he or his family, given his sense of ethics.