Author Topic: COP27 Fail: John Kerry MIA as Delegates Demand the USA Pay for “Loss and Damage”  (Read 512 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
COP27 Fail: John Kerry MIA as Delegates Demand the USA Pay for “Loss and Damage”
12 hours ago Eric Worrall 43 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

Could this be the worst diplomatic embarrassment John Kerry has ever inflicted on the United States? Even worse than shaking hands with an accused narco-terrorist?

Split Between Rich and Poor Nations Deadlocks Climate Talks

Debate intensified over a contentious issue — the creation of a fund to help poor and vulnerable countries pay for “loss and damage” caused by climate change.

By Max Bearak, Brad Plumer and Lisa Friedman
Nov. 18, 2022 Updated 1:27 p.m. ET SHARM EL SHEIKH, Egypt

The United States, historically the world’s biggest polluter, has resisted the idea of compensation for climate-related disasters, fearing it could face unlimited liability. But the country stood increasingly isolated on Friday after the European Union and a vocal group of developing countries had backed different plans to establish a new fund as early as this year.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/11/18/cop27-fail-john-kerry-mia-as-delegates-demand-the-usa-pay-for-loss-and-damage/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
More climate extortion!! *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The United States, historically the world’s biggest PRODUCER of goods,services,medical care,science,etc,etc,etc,is now being accused BY THE PARASITES that benefitted from our creations and productions of harming them.

Guess what,bubbas? Manufacturing and creating food,tools,machinery,crops,science,etc,etc,etc by the United States is the ONLY reason you aren't starving to death in your own filth and disease today. You are lucky we aren't sending you bills and threatening to cut you off if you don't pay.

Wouldn't it have been simpler for them to have just stated "We are parasites that need your help in order to survive!"?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 02:21:33 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Hey, guys...
THIS is what you get:

Uugotz....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The ONLY thing John Kerry would be good for is target practice.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

Talk to Xi about your damn climate damages. China is responsible for most of the pollution.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

And China pays zero.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Kamaji

The republicans need to put their feet down on this one (yeah, I know, Charlie Brown territory).