Author Topic: Coast Guard Offloads More than $101 Million in Illegal Narcotics  (Read 125 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Coast Guard Offloads More than $101 Million in Illegal Narcotics
« on: November 19, 2022, 12:49:30 pm »
Coast Guard Offloads More than $101 Million in Illegal Narcotics
Posted on November 18, 2022 by Seapower Staff

Miami  — The crew of the U.S. Coast Guard Cutter Northland (WMEC 904) offloaded approximately 5,363 pounds of cocaine worth an estimated $101 million in Port Everglades, Nov. 18, along with 11 suspected smugglers who were apprehended to face prosecution in federal court by the Department of Justice, the Coast Guard 7th District said in a release.

The drugs were interdicted, during five separate cases, in the international waters of the Caribbean Sea by crews from:

Royal Netherlands Navy Ship HNLMS Holland (P840), embarked USCG Law Enforcement Detachment 408 and a USCG Helicopter Interdiction Squadron helicopter 
U.S. Navy ships USS Milwaukee (LCS 5) and USS Wichita (LCS 13), and embarked USCG Law Enforcement Detachments 104 and 107 
USCGC Valiant (WMEC 621) 
USCGC Venturous (WMEC 625) and embarked USCG Helicopter Interdiction Squadron helicopter 

https://seapowermagazine.org/coast-guard-offloads-more-than-101-million-in-illegal-narcotics/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson